Come join the Beacon team!
If sitting at a desk is not your thing, don't worry - you’ll get plenty of variety at this job! As a full-time Warehouse Associate, you’ll ensure smooth operation of our warehouse and yard by performing material inspections, filling orders and loading/unloading vehicles. Energetic, organized, and detail-oriented individuals do well in this role.
We are currently seeking an experienced Warehouse Associate to join the team.
What can I expect?
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Savings plan with company match
- Potential for Overtime
- Paid Time Off Plus Holidays
- Potential for training and certifications on an as needed basis
What will my day-to-day look like?
- Fill orders quickly and accurately
- Communicate with customers and teammates in a professional and timely manner
- Inspect condition and quantity of received materials before placing them in the warehouse
- Manually load and unload vehicles in a safe and professional manner and operate heavy equipment
- Verify product descriptions, condition, amounts, and nomenclature for all in-going and outgoing orders
- Accurately complete paperwork (Pick Tickets, Inventory Count Sheets, etc.) and maintain inventory in appropriate/designated storage areas
- Move materials in yard and warehouse as needed
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of warehouse, which could include cleaning and painting.
- Adhere to and understand safety policies and regulations while always wearing appropriate PPE
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
What are the requirements?
- Forklift experience
- Experience working directly with the customer
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and customers in English (both written and verbal)
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors under adverse weather conditions
- Ability to handle all types of building products
- Must have reliable transportation to work each day.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. repeatedly throughout the day
- Our ideal candidate will put safety first at all times and enjoy being a team player
What will give me an edge over other applicants?
- Previous warehouse and inventory control experience
- Experience with building products
- Forklift and yard experience
About Beacon: Founded in 1928, Beacon is a Fortune 500, publicly traded distributor of residential and commercial building products in North America, operating over 500 branches throughout all 50 states in the U.S. and 6 provinces in Canada. Beacon serves an extensive base of over 110,000 customers, utilizing its vast branch network and diverse service offerings to provide high-quality products and support throughout the entire business lifecycle. Beacon offers its own private label brand, TRI-BUILT, and has a proprietary digital account management suite, Beacon Pro+, which allows customers to manage their businesses online. Beacon’s stock is traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol BECN. To learn more about Beacon, please visit www.becn.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Honolulu, HI 96819: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Warehouse experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location