BELFOR Senior Project Managers have either a restoration or construction focus. Qualified candidate will be the industry expert and are local, regional, or national BELFOR resources for large projects, complex projects, and high-risk/high-profile environments. You will serve on BELFOR Cat teams following hurricanes and other regionalized damage recovery efforts. Sr Project Managers are eligible to become BELFOR estimators.
- Assist other Sr. Project Managers and volunteer for CAT duty as possible
- Advance their knowledge of technical services (Restoration track) and their knowledge of building codes and local, state and federal regulations (Construction Track)
- Serve as role models for Superintendents
- Sell and upgrading additional services on assigned project
- Communicate daily with Estimators on status of project, adjustments needed to timelines, or issues
- Continually improve their core project management skills
- Continue training until they demonstrate ability to complete projects on time and on budget with documented customer satisfaction
- Construction focus - plan, coordinate, and oversee employees and subcontractors in all phases of work
- Read and manage blue prints
- Responsible for projects exceeding $1M
- Understand and adhere to local building codes and regulatory agencies
- Restoration focus - direct small crews of BELFOR personnel and temporary workers
- Responsible for projects exceeding $1M
- Attend BELFOR approved training courses in areas of lesser experience.
- Manage large crews and projects through crew leaders and other assistants.
- Manage and document rate and material projects and work with PM's or Estimators in development of restoration plans
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of all BELFOR service lines.
- Construction track - must understand scope, schedule work, communicate professionally, ensure project safety, and maintain quality control
- Establish their core project management capabilities while at this level. Critical skills include time management, budgeting, scheduling, site supervision, customer contact, communication, quality control, safety, documentation, and change orders
- Must continually advance their knowledge of current and past construction practices
- Review daily requirements of the projects, document progress and notify managers of progress and challenges
- Provide appropriate field documentation, photo logs, graphs and sketches for various TPA projects
- Must be able to perform all skills related to prior Advanced Fire Damage Specialist, Advanced Water Damage Specialist, Advanced Carpenter roles.
- Become proficient qualifying vendors and subcontractors including guiding them through vendor qualification process
- Must be capable managing fixed bid projects and rate and material projects
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding for BELFOR invoicing for various project types and are capable of providing necessary documentation
- Perform Daily vehicle safety and maintenance inspections and maintain in clean serviceable condition
- Must maintain attention to detail
- Will be required to meet BELFOR Standards in safeguarding other people's property
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of customer service, principles and practices
- Work under time constraints to meet specific timelines
- Will be required to work nights and weekends as requested and travel periodically
- Report time worked and equipment and consumables used timely and accurately
- Attend BELFOR sponsored operations and safety training courses as required
- Completion of all BELFOR required New Hire Coursework
- 5 plus years of industry experience
- Sales experience - understands opportunity to upgrade, up-sell
- Must be proficient in MS Suite of office products; Excel, Word
- Complete previous 18 months as Advanced Water Damage Specialist, Advanced Carpentry, or Advanced Fire Damage Specialist or have similar industry experience
- Eligible to operate a motor vehicle per BELFOR's vehicle policy
- Possess sense of urgency, professional demeanor, positive attitude, and strong work ethic
- English language literacy and fluency
- Frequent lifting in excess of 50 lbs
- Occasional lifting from 41 lbs +, assisted (up to 50% of the time)
- Access and mobility in tight spaces
- Sustained periods of standing, sitting, walking, bending, and kneeling
- Ability to use mobile devices for collection of data and time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.