Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
The Digital Business Sales Representative is a critical part of the Digital Sales Channel. As part of a team consisting of the Customer Solutions Representative, Sales Support Associate, and Digital Enablement Team, the Digital Business Sales Representative will manage the sales related activities needed to help a large customer portfolio benefit from the products and services provided by Univar Solutions. The Digital Business Sales Representative will utilize Univar Solutions sales tools and processes to assist the team in customer needs both directly and indirectly. This position will require strong organizational skills, superior communication skills, and a strong drive while developing critical sales account skills used in Univar Solutions such as; territory management, sales call planning and execution, product and industry, margin management, product identification, network planning, logistics, and other sales related skills. This role can sit in Dublin, OH or Phoenix, AZ locations.
Customer / Internal Partner Action •Conduct calls via telephone, WebEx or video chat to drive the Digital LOB financial target
- Establish and develop strong internal partner relationships within all departments
- Establish and develop select customer relationships by evaluating needs and opportunities within customer accounts and negotiate effectively gain customer commitment.
- Collaborate with other Account Team Members to share best practices and drive account / portfolio growth
- Sell and assist the set-up of Digital Customers on SHOP.UNIVARSOLUTIONS.COM Product Identification and Set Up
- Collaborate with other departments and teams including Product Management, ADS, DCM, and DSM to satisfy unique customer product needs
- Ensure product availability within the Univar Solutions network to satisfy specific customer needs (manage as needed)
- Identify and delegate Sample Request process
- Develop, maintain and expand knowledge of products, services. Product Pricing
- Establish needed pricing for the customer based on incoming requests (customer and internal partner)
- Coordinate with Digital LOB Leadership in needed adjustments to overall pricing strategy Account Management
- Document all defined account activity in the CRM system (Salesforce.com) and related tools (Tableau)
- Maintain Digital Sales Group Box and eMail-CASE to targeted levels
•Create opportunity as needed •Identify accounts that may require LOB change due to opportunity and growth potential
- Develop, maintain and expand knowledge of competitive activities and attributes, market trends and conditions, and other general information of interest to customers Special Sales and Prospecting Initiatives
- Support special projects including but not limited to – Digital Account Discovery Project Supplier turnover and key market initiatives Support targeted marketing campaigns and customer response Performs other duties as requested Use accepted Univar Solutions Account Management processes Perform other related duties as required or requested.
Education/Experience/Training/Certifications – Required:
- Associates degree from fully accredited institution preferred or a minimum of 2+ years of high performing customer facing support or a background in sales in an unrelated field. Consideration for a driven and motivated candidate will be given
•Exceptional organization and follow-up •Strong communication skills (written, verbal, listening, presentation)
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
- Distribution and/or chemical distribution experience
- Ability to develop relationships within accounts that are engaged and the development of business
partnerships at all levels of the customer’s organization
- Propensity to the Discovery and Negotiation process that allows Univar Solutions to generate the appropriate value for products and services provided to customers
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.