Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Store Manager is responsible for the success and leadership of the store through management of exceptional customer service, sales, operations and high-performance people. Drive profitable growth and achievement of financial goals and KPI's such as brand expression, engagement, retention, conversion, payroll, and inventory management. Manages and leads operational and sales excellence; is part of the selling floor, spends most of their time coaching, leading, and developing the team to deliver on sales and service goals. Manage the P&L, inclusive of payroll, ensuring that the store's contributions are meeting and exceeding targets and that store operations are running smoothly and efficiently. Responsible for oversight and delivering in-store experience by creating a unique, inviting, multi-brand shopping destination for the customer. .
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Prioritize time and energies in store to join the staff on the selling floor; coaching and developing the team; and leading by example
- Positive representative of the brand
- Deliver the full customer service experience, continuously identifies opportunities and determines appropriate solutions to ensure the customers' needs are met
- Responds to all escalated customer concerns and acts when necessary to resolve
- Serves as a role-model and resource for store staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations
- Responsible for driving sales to meet and exceed targets and financial goals.
- Management of store P&L, budget, payroll and performance.
- Successfully execute and drive traffic for company driven promotions and launches to meet and exceed sales targets and deliver the best experience possible for customers.
- Responsible for driving local events and experiences for customers, in partnership with district or area management.
- Entrepreneurial, inspirational leader who is comfortable taking responsibility for the store as their own business while also adhering to company standards.
- Responsible for all people management in store, recruiting, training, coaching and developing top talent to grow within the organization. Must fill open positions with urgency.
- Work closely with the Training Team to support continued education through schedule trainings and consistent skills development.
- Ensure all trainings are delivered on brand and with the desired service and selling skills.
- Responsible for building a productive and dynamic team by creating strong relationships and connections with employees, customers, and the community based on a common passion for cannabis.
- Identifies areas of opportunity, provides feedback, coaches, and creates action plans to improve performance and support growth and development.
- Creates an environment where clear and fair expectations are set, and all employees are treated with dignity and respect.
- Provide feedback to district or area management to Identify opportunities, share industry trends, and suggest improvements as needed.
- Provide cross-functional support as needed to other stores within the area
- Ensures the store operations are run smoothly, safely and efficiently and the environment is always appealing and engaging for the customer to explore.
- Oversees the planning and execution of all Visual displays. Customize the visual direction to fit the store dimensions, communicate timelines and execute the floor set with precision and on time
- Responsible for knowing, following, and administering all company policies and procedures.
- Ensures corporate communications are filtered to the team.
- Acts to reduce Loss Prevention and product returns/damages.
- Manages effective oversight of budget expenditures.
- Responsible for staff payroll hours and scheduling. Create and/or approve schedules which drive sales opportunities and maximizes customer experience, ensures staffing is prioritized to provide optimal schedules and ensure the best customer service is provided.
- Reviews and approves timekeeping records for the staff, ensuring accurate hours are submitted.
- Ensure consistent standards of cleanliness, maintenance and organization are upheld.
- Maintain and enforce a culture of compliance for all activities with strict adherence to the Florida Statues for a Medical Marijuana
- Treatment Center, as well as regulations set forth by local, state, and federal agencies such as OSHA.
- Maintain accurate records of all activities including customer records, customer feedback, sales, and returns in accordance with the State of Florida regulations and standards set by the company.
- Closely monitor, educate, and coach all new team members during their first two weeks.
- In partnership with the Lead Guides, provide coaching and training to ensure all store processes align with Standard Operating
- Procedures, safe practices, cannabis knowledge, and customer service goals.
- Evaluate and review strengths and opportunities for new and existing team members.
- Partner with Human Resources to effectively manage business through recruiting, compensation, talent management, disciplinary actions and/or any employee relations.
- Monitor and ensure completion of assigned trainings and Grow Zone training courses.
- Provide feedback to Training Team and make recommendations for future development and/or current program improvement.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU'LL BRING
- 2-3 years' experience in supervisory or managerial role
- Retail and cannabis industry experience preferred
- Advance Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Proven operation and merchandising excellence
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask, plan, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen, proven ability to analyze sales data and create effective action plans
- Proven ability to provide leadership that motivates teams to exceed sales goals while maintaining payroll budgets
- Ability to identify top talent, network, recruit, create and maintain high performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve moderate to complex problems
- Demonstrates flexibility and takes initiative with minimal direction
- Demonstrates high emotional intelligence and ability to build relationships in store and cross-functionally
- May require occasional travel
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, counting, calculating and computer processing operations.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. unassisted
- Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery
- Kneeling, stooping, crouching, reaching for things on shelving with assisted ladders throughout the duration of the shift
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.