America's Civil Construction, Aggregates and Marine Division
Trimble Construction Field Solutions is a worldwide provider of both software and hardware used for the construction of both buildings and infrastructure. This particular position will be within the infrastructure group that is involved in road, pipeline, dam, rail, marine and general site development. Our products help heavy machine operators, supervisors and surveyors perform their work better around the values of productivity, safety, transparency, sustainability, and quality. The products, software and services are sold through both a direct and indirect channel. Additionally, the sales involve both perpetual and “as a service” business models.
Reporting to the District Manager, the Channel Performance Manager (CPM) is responsible for all solution sales activities including direct and distributor sales results within a defined territory. The CPM will execute and drive the sales plan to ensure activities are in line with and support the overall strategic goals of the division.
The CPM will provide sales support and coaching for the distributor sales team, for all of the products and services in the Division’s portfolio as well as TPaaS subscription opportunities. Sell direct and/or with the dealer sales teams, to acquire new accounts, increase sales activity from existing accounts, support Key/National account programs, and OEM engagement in order to meet or exceed territory sales targets.
- Use, educate and promote Trimble’s channel development programs/workshops including Analyze, Define, Evaluate, Monitor (ADEM) sales programs and tools (Educational Presentations, Review Meetings, Field Reference Guides, Demonstration tools…), Analyze Financials (AFIN) best practices, Trimble Way, and others as available.
In conjunction with the District Manager, the CPM will participate in the development, implementation and achievement of assigned sales plans in the territory.
The CPM will interface with end users, distributor sales management and sales representatives
- Provide timely weekly sales forecasts and market intelligence data to the District Manager to project a thorough understanding of market dynamics and influences.
- Be intimate with the channel sales pipeline, manage pipeline and use systematic approach to convert pipeline into sales forecast.
- On site distributor sales coach
- Accelerate the transition of revenue from perpetual sales towards subscription by actively managing the TPaaS solution pipeline.
- Work in office and construction site environments as needed to sell and support Trimble products and services to contractors in territory.
- Major account interface
- Customer acquisition: Joint sales presentations with focus on Educational Presentations reinforcing the Trimble Way methodology and process.
- Customer retention: Drive the Annual Review Meetings with key accounts in each dealer territory.
- Support dealer sales team development: participate in the interview process for salespeople, on-board new salespeople, provide product introductions and infield sales coaching.
- Guide the channel partner to ensure they have the proper organization design and structure to capitalize on the market.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of the dealer Scorecard and the HR/Product line matrix to guide dealers on the needed positions, territories and areas of expertise required to grow their Trimble business.
- Enable the dealer sales team to leverage regional Data Analytics to identify and pursue new sales opportunities
- Assist in the development of and participation in, specific technical communications and field requirements such as Trimble Dimensions, Boot Camps, Construction News, and others.
- Ensure new product release involvement by all dealers including local strategy, product introductions and proper inventory.
- Channel Performance Manager participates in the establishing and tracking monthly the dealer KPIs
- Engage with the product teams to help define roadmap priorities
- Demonstrate a professional company image at all times.
- Assist in the creation of the Sales and Marketing plans for each key account
- Use direct and indirect resources to ensure customer success/satisfaction
Measures of Success:
- Accelerate the sales from perpetual sales to TPaaS subscriptions.
- Increase in dealer scoring via dealer scorecard
- CPM to hold each dealer accountable to ensure sales targets are met
- Set channel partner monthly KPI targets and ensure they get met
- Ensuring the channel partners are delivering on their quarterly SBR objectives
Characteristics / Skills:
- Requires a strong proven technical sales ability in solution sales
- Business, sales and domain knowledge in survey, civil engineering and / or construction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter; strong sense of urgency; strong time management skills
- Able and willing to travel +/- 65% to work in territory and other meetings as required
- Knowledge of markets and industries, customer and market segmentation
- Use of industry standard business tools for effective pipeline management
- Demonstrated technical capability; able to conduct product/service demonstrations
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to:
o find creative solutions to resolve complex issues
o focus on both long-term objectives and short to medium term execution
o prioritize and organize effectively
o work independently and collaboratively; manage multiple projects at one time
- Solid understanding of small business drivers and dynamics, and the challenges of fast growth
- Solid understanding of the advanced technology distribution business
- Strong analytical skills relating to negotiations, market opportunities, competition, service and support performance
Education / Experience:
- BS degree in Construction, technical engineering, or business-related field, or equivalent experience
- Five plus years of consultative sales experience
- Experience in channel development and management preferred
Base Pay Range : Up to $100k base salary (plus commissions)
Trimble provides the following compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that it in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position. This compensation range is based on a full time schedule. Trimble reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
Trimble offers comprehensive core benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Time off plans and retirement plans. Most of our businesses also offer tax savings plans for health, dependent care and commuter expenses as well as Paid Parental Leave and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D