- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of sales/business development with complex customer solutions and revenue attainment
- 5+ years of experience in the Canadian Public sector and /or NPO.
- Ability to travel up to 40% within Ontario
Canadian non-profit organizations are rapidly adopting AWS as part of their vison to become more data driven enabling them to better serve their constituents. They are quickly recognizing the value of AWS by increased innovation, reducing expenditures, driving efficiencies, thereby allowing them to save money back and improve their ability to serve their constituents with a data driven approach. Do you have the sales experience, the technical background and customer relationships to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider to this important customer base?
As an Enterprise Sales Executive with Amazon Web Services focusing on the non-profit market in Ontario, Canada you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy that focuses on customer success, building mind share and driving broad use of Amazon’s utility computing services to support their desire to become data driven. AWS Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) is seeking an Enterprise Account Leader to help build the enterprise non-profit markets in Ontario, Canada.
Your responsibilities will include helping to define key market drivers and partnerships to target within eastern Canada, establishing those relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions in order to build long-term sales, business and marketing opportunities. This includes practically engaging with customers and partners relative to driving sales success. This position will be based in Toronto and some travel will be required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Help define and develop the mission, goals, and success metrics for the Ontario based enterprise non-profit market towards becoming more data driven.
- Work with the senior management to create a sales plan to exceed revenue and strategic goals.
- Independently execute the sales plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. operations, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks relative to supporting their cloud journey.
- Independently manage complex contract negotiations, working with senior executives both inside and outside of Amazon and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
- Research and identify new opportunities for the non-profit businesses, including specific partners or associations to approach with a specific non-profit value proposition for using AWS.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services and have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal support and development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key non-profit market segments including partners and associations.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Master’s degree, preferably in business administration or related field.
- Experience driving sales and business development in Canada
- Experience working within the technology industry and working knowledge of web services technology and software development tools and technologies.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule trade-offs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
- Working knowledge of ICT strategy within the Canada public sector procurement models.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.