Bang Energy Performance Beverages and Sports Nutrition has been producing epic innovations for 25 years. We engage in an unrelenting pursuit to create trendsetting appearance and performance enhancing inventions. Our sports nutrition and beverage innovations are backed by 27 double-blind placebo controlled Gold Standard University studies. Likewise, our marketing and distribution has been discussed for its excellence by such prestigious news outlets as Forbes and Wells Fargo. We are hiring super creative, ultra-positive and high-energy professionals to drive our vision to serve the entire world cutting edge health promoting beverages and nutrition! We are top sellers in iconic retailers such as 7 Eleven, Publix, Walmart, and are the #1 selling beverage of all time in the world’s largest health food retailers: GNC and Vitamin Shoppe.
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for the relationship with the distributor and owns the joint business planning and market execution. Their main priorities include developing annual business plans, driving VPX initiatives, aligning, setting and tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) through a set group of Distribution Partners (DPs) by promoting thought leadership management systems. Key responsibilities include: communicating strategic priorities; ensuring implementation of merchandising standards; tracking and measuring KPI execution; monitoring sales/POS progress against business plans; and coaching DPs & FSM’s to execute with excellence.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
STRATEGY, SELLING PROCESS, MERCHANDISING STANDARDS, & KEY ACCOUNT PROGRAMS
- Coordinates meetings with DPs to explain and implement VPX business strategies and initiatives, including MPW, QBW and Annual Business Plan.
- Develops communication process to ensure proper alignment and understanding of strategies and goals
- Implements management controls systems to track and benchmark DPs against key initiatives/goals
- Ensures DPs understand and execute VPX merchandising standards consistent with national guidelines
- Assists in developing sales material and training to guarantee DP sales team clearly understands KPI’s &
- Establishes set communication schedule to discuss upcoming and ongoing Key Account Programs
- Implements process for late notice or emergency programs to ensure rapid communication and execution
- Ensures DPs implement tracking system to gauge execution effectiveness
- Develops with the DPs the annual business plans with regards to organization requirements, distribution, volume, investments, and KPIs
- Secures agreement on necessary subjects and implements monthly scorecard to review progress (distribution build-up by month/channel, organization build-up by month/channel, sales forecast by month/channel).
- Consistently communicates with ownership and top management to guarantee alignment.
- Coordinates with Business Unit (BU) office personnel to issue ongoing updates against allocation
- Keeps DP abreast of new POS items and allocation & manages allocations based on market DNA.
- Develops organization model with DP and gains commitment against specific personnel structure to drive Business Plan
- Maintains strong working knowledge of all VPX and Distributor systems (VIP, Encompass RAS, SAP, IRI)
- Has a robust routine to ensure program compliance including BTB, display programs and other priority key account programs.
- Develops knowledge of key account systems and how they relate to DP
- Understand, analyze, and present MPW (Monthly Performance Workshop meetings) on a consistent monthly/quarterly cadence with DP VPX stakeholders focusing on key markets & share of the business
- Proactively uses Out-of-Stock analysis to ensure proper merchandising personnel is in place
- Holds DPs accountable for data submission into VIP to ensure accurate and timely information
- Analyzes monthly reports to find largest areas of opportunity for DP, and uses those insights to guide DP to up-level market conditions
DISTRIBUTOR STRUCTURE AND ACCOUNTABILITY EXPERT
- Has thorough working knowledge of distributor’s internal systems and structure
- Understands distributor’s hierarchy and has relationship from the top-down (from owner to sales representatives)
- Clear understanding of the person responsible and accountable for tasks or programs within distributorship
- Working knowledge of routing procedures and able to suggest better route to market and/or manpower needs based on distribution and account frequency
- Knowledgeable on reps and area managers pay structure in order to program and hold accountable
- Ability to communicate and share best practices from other DP on structure accountability systems
- Manage route account software communication and projects with both VIP & DP.
- Execute VPX DP excellence programs while also playing a role in the conceptualization & build out of identified projects & initiatives as directed by RSM/DOSD
- Share and enforce guidelines with regards to VPX inventory policy
- Provide on-going feedback relative to DP performance against objectives and KPIs
- Develops working knowledge of geographic and demographic areas in assigned geography
- Develops expertise with regards to product competition and distributor competition in respective area
- Spends 3 days per week in the trade with DPs and FSMs.
- Communicates regularly and works effectively with all BU sales team (Key Accounts, Non-Traditional) and marketing people to secure full alignment of the BU goals with the DP
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5+ years’ industry related experience which includes:
· 5+ years of experience with time spent on Beverage Supplier and Beverage Distributor side of business with a proven track record of success
· Leadership experience of successful management of direct reports
· A strong professional image and high ethical standards / integrity
· Exceptional leadership skills
· Effective verbal & written communication skills
· Strong analytical skills and experience using internal and external data sources (i.e. IRI, SAP, VIP, Encompass)
· Outstanding organizational skills as demonstrated by your ability to set and handle multiple priorities
· Working knowledge of warehouse and DSD operating systems / platforms
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sioux Falls, SD (Required)
- Beverage Distribution: 3 years (Required)
- Sales management: 3 years (Required)
- On the road