Job DescriptionA little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
Are you someone who loves a good challenge, especially when the hard work literally pays off? Well then, we have an opportunity for you! As a Field Sales Representative you’ll be responsible for acquiring new Shaw customers through door-to-door selling and community event activations throughout the region. You will continuously prospect for new customers by identifying and building strong relationships to generate future sales and repeat business. You will grow sales in your assigned area, make lasting connections with customers, and forge your own success.
A typical day
- Meeting new people! You’ll engage with potential new customers at the door and in event activations, promoting and selling all things Shaw - Internet, TV, Home Phone, and now Mobile! You’ll practice the art of influence and effectively communicate with people from all walks of life.
- Active Direct Selling! You won’t be in a stuffy office — you’ll be out and about in the community actively selling door to door and influencing customers to make the best decisions about our products. You will move closer to your personal growth and financial goals every day!
- Base Pay, Benefits! Our role comes with a 32-35K base pay, and uncapped variable pay (our commission structure is very competitive). We offer great benefits, ESPP, and pension plan eligibility.
- Tech Talk and tools! You enjoy talking about - and using – technology, and can easily simplify complex technical questions for customers to understand how Shaw products will solve their everyday problems. You will complete CRM requirements through Salesforce while following data entry policies and procedures. You will also identify service gaps and share competitive and market.
- You know what you want, and you thrive on success; it’s what gets you out of bed in the morning.
- You are comfortable engaging customers at the door and in event activations, along with spending time in the field rain or shine.
- Previous sales experience? Great, but we’re really interested in your drive and mindset.
- To meet the diverse needs of our customers, you’re flexible. We work evenings and some weekends.
- You’re driven, eager, and outgoing; your work ethic is unmatched.
- You bring energy to the table and you’re energized by being with and around people.
- You have integrity and do the right things right.
- You look for how it CAN be done, not for reasons to give up.
- People trust you, and they listen to your advice. You can sell ideas and yourself!
- You embrace a challenge and aren’t afraid of some hard work – especially if it pays off in the end.
- You have the ability and willingness to adapt quickly to change, both controllable and uncontrollable.
- Location: Edmonton
- Is travel required? Yes, you will be expected to travel within your territory
- You’ll be asked to provide a 3-year driver’s abstract
- Valid, unrestricted driver’s license and a reliable vehicle is a requirement
- This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.