Miovision provides cities with modern tools to fix today's traffic problems. We offer solutions that collect multimodal traffic data and uncover actionable insights, helping municipalities get more out of their road network. The result: streets capable of moving more people – safely and efficiently – whether they are in a car, on a bus, on a bike or e-scooter, or walking. Since 2005, our systems have counted more than nine billion vehicles around the world. Our headquarters are located in Kitchener, Canada, with other locations in Arizona, Serbia and Germany. For more information, visitwww.miovision.com.
Reporting to the Manager, Product Compliance, you will be responsible for owning the product regulatory compliance process throughout the life cycle to ensure Miovision's products meet regulatory, safety, and reliability requirements of government agencies. You will represent Federal/State/Provincial requirements to the product development teams internally to ensure that all quality and safety expectations are met in a manner which will enable unhindered procurement of Miovision’s products. You will be involved in all new product development efforts to ensure the outcome complies with applicable standards.
- Enable Miovision to obtain product market share by working internally with sales, product, and engineering in seeking regulatory approval from State Departments of Transportation for Miovision products
- Research and evaluate the product approval process for assigned states/provinces, for a variety of Miovision solutions to determine next steps and course of action
- Collaborate with leaders of Product Management, Product Operations (Engineering), Revenue Operations and Corporate Programs to inform new product & feature development, prioritize approvals and maintain approved products in good standing
- Call on State traffic regulatory agencies, distribution partners, and customers to determine and evaluate Approved Product List (APL) requirements and categories
- Develop competitive analysis comparisons of competing product specifications against Miovision’s product suite
- Own the documentation and product submission package from start to finish to allow Miovision’s products to be approved/unblocked, and documenting and maintaining detailed records in the applicable location (e.g. SalesForce, Google Drive, etc.)
- Contribute to the future long-term hardware strategy for Miovision by collating technical requirements across several product streams
- Work with international distributors and government agencies to register products in emerging markets
- 5+ years of experience in technology compliance, account management, customer experience, QA, technical writing, or obtaining regulatory approvals for new products
- Bachelor's degree in a technology field, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, and coordinate with cross-functional teams
- Effective communicator; ability to propose and drive change in an environment that is focused on product development and improving compliance
- Ability to see tasks through to completion with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organization, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Experience using Salesforce, G-Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Experience working with government agencies
- Decision making and negotiation skills with the ability to influence without direct authority
Perks and Benefits
Note: The majority of Miovision employees are continuing to work from home due to COVID-19 Public Health regulations. When it is safe to do so, we plan on a cautious reopening of our Canadian office but will continue to offer flexible onsite and remote work options. Our Benefits are designed to reflect this and include:
- Comprehensive health benefits starting on day one
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Mio-Days: We extend all three-day weekends to four-days and provide a Holiday Shutdown in December
- Virtual Healthcare Service providing employees and their families access to healthcare providers 24/7
- Internet subsidy and a remote work allowance
- Enhanced paternity and maternity leaves
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual fitness classes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please indicate if you require accommodation on your application, and our team will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.