We are seeking a talented and driven Product Management professional to join a winning team working with market leading products in the orthopedic medical device industry. Reporting to the Director of Therapeutic Solutions, the Product Manager will be responsible for upstream and downstream marketing support for our Cold Therapy product portfolio within the Bracing and Supports portfolio, helping to drive key business and growth objectives. You will work with project teams, sales force and have direct interaction with customers to develop marketing programs. Product Managers are responsible for tactical execution relating to the Cold Therapy product line, including developing materials and following processes required for new product development and launch, product line maintenance, promotions and messaging, production planning, and field sales tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize initiatives based on company needs, customer requests and market demand. Identify and develop the marketing plan/vision for each assigned product
- Plan, manage, facilitate, and oversee aspects of new product introductions.
- Develop and maintain product line expertise, launch packages, and collateral for new products.
- Work closely with customers and sales reps to obtain and analyze voice of customer (VOC) information to drive design requirements.
- Drive the establishment of the current and future market strategy based on assessment of competitive environment and customer requirements.
- Develop presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Participates in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and convention events.
Product line management and strategy:
- Develop and maintain product gap maps, competitive matrices, and selling strategies.
- Understand competitive environment and develop appropriate product positioning collateral & education.
- Research and develop long-term product portfolio strategies and road maps.
- Recommend new product introductions and product rationalization opportunities.
- Research and assess market opportunities for new product ideas.
- Provide monthly product forecasts to operations to support sales and operations planning.
- Collaborate with sales operations, manufacturing, regulatory, quality, and engineering to enhance or improve existing products.
Promotions and channel support
- Develop and update product line cross-references based on input and collaboration with sales operations team.
- Develop and maintain list pricing and field discount guidelines.
- Develop sales support tools in collaboration with sales operations team.
- BA/BS Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering, or related field.
- MBA a plus.
- 4+ years product marketing experience
- Experience with medical device, orthopedic, and/or durable medical equipment preferred
- This role requires travel by car and plane
- Up to 30% annual travel
Skills and Abilities
- Capacity to analyze problems and develop solutions.
- Organized and high level of attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and consistently meet deadlines.
- Computer skills - proficient computer system based tools including but not limited to Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
ABOUT DJO GLOBAL
DJO Global is a leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of high-quality medical devices that provide solutions for musculoskeletal health, vascular health and pain management. Our products address the continuum of patient care from injury prevention to rehabilitation after surgery, injury or from degenerative disease, enabling people to regain or maintain their natural motion. Our products are used by orthopedic specialists, spine surgeons, primary care physicians, pain management specialists, physical therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, athletic trainers and other healthcare professionals. In addition, many of our medical devices and related accessories are used by athletes and patients for injury prevention and at-home physical therapy treatment. Product lines include rigid and soft orthopedic bracing, hot and cold therapy, bone growth stimulators, vascular therapy systems and compression garments, therapeutic shoes and inserts, electrical stimulators used for pain management and physical therapy products. Our surgical division offers a comprehensive suite of reconstructive joint products for the hip, knee and shoulder. Our products are marketed under a portfolio of brands including Aircast®, Chattanooga, CMF™, Compex®, DonJoy®, ProCare®, Exos™, Dr. Comfort®, DonJoy Performance® and DJO® Surgical.
For additional information on the Company, please visit www.DJOglobal.com.
DJO is a growing subsidiary of diversified technology leader Colfax Corporation
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.