- Serve as a subject matter expert on cloud cyber risk for at least one of the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure/ Office 365, GCP, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud).
- Guide clients on their transition from on-premise security technologies to cloud-native options (e.g., Azure Sentinel, Azure Monitor) and assist clients with the deployment of cloud-native and third-party technologies to secure cloud platforms, including cloud access security broker (CASB), cloud workload protection (CWP), and cloud security platform management (CSPM) solutions.
- Conduct cloud security assessments and provide recommendations on required configurations for client cloud platforms (such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud) and environments based on Deloitte's Cloud Cyber Risk Framework. This can include cloud-native or third-party solutions including directory services (e.g., LDAP, Azure Active Directory (AAD)), infrastructure (compute/networking/storage) services, data protection services, security monitoring, logging, PaaS services, and SaaS services (e.g., 0ffice 365).
- Provide technical security support for cloud-native (e.g., AAD) and third-party security services and resolve service-related issues through research, troubleshooting, and working with cloud service providers and third-party security solution vendors.
- Support proof of concept and production deployments of these cloud technologies.
- Perform technical health checks for cloud platforms/environments prior to broader deployment and assist clients with configuration of cloud platform scanning tools, and delivery of cloud security and compliance reports.
- Design and develop cloud platform-specific security policies, standards, and procedures for management group and account/subscription management and configuration (e.g. Azure Policy, Azure Security Center, AWS Config), identity management and access control, firewall management, auditing and monitoring, security incident and event management, data protection, user and administrator account management, SSO, conditional access controls and password/secrets management.
- Troubleshoot problems with cloud infrastructure (e.g., domain name service, virtual network peering, dedicated cloud connectivity services - Azure ExpressRoute, AWS DirectConnect, Google Cloud Dedicated Interconnect) and resources (e.g., virtual machines, virtual networks, cloud databases) in a multi-cloud vendor environment and document technical platform issues, analysis, client communication, and resolution as part of cyber risk mitigation steps.
- Assist clients in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support cloud adoption for secure migration of existing workloads to a cloud vendor. This may cover services such as tenant setup and service configuration focused on cloud cyber risk mitigation, IAM (e.g., PIM/PAM, MFA, SSO, Conditional Access), data protection (e.g., DLP, encryption, PKI), network security (e.g., firewalls, WAF), etc.
- Perform cloud orchestration and automation (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)) in single and multi-tenant environments using tools like Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt etc.
- Design, implement, manage, and automate DevSecOps capabilities in cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets and automation (e.g., Boto3, Lambda, Azure Functions, Google Functions, Python, JSON).
- Support and enable junior team members across both technical and management leadership capacities.
- Provide internal cloud security technical training to Advisory personnel as needed.
- Support the team on proposals, whitepapers, proof of concepts, technical eminence materials and firm initiatives.
Deloitte Advisory's Cloud Cyber team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated cyber risks. Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients transform their legacy programs into proactive Secure.Vigilant.Resilient. TM cyber risk programs. Join the team developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk Services practice.
Working experience in at least two of the areas listed below.
- 4+ years of hands-on technical experience with at least one cloud platform in security or infrastructure implementation and operations.
- 4+ years of hands-on technical experience with infrastructure systems such as networking (e.g. WAF, Firewall and load balancing), operating systems, SCCM and endpoint engineering, and infrastructure automation implementation or operations.
- 4+ years of hands-on technical experience with Cloud Identity and Access management solutions in implementation and operations.
- 4+ years of experience with Big Data and advanced analytics, or AI/ML services (such as Amazon Aurora/Azure SQL/Google Cloud SQL, Amazon EMR/Azure HDInsight/Cloud DataProc, Key management solutions, Storage and backup, Load balancing, Security Management, Databases and EC2 or VM machine hosting Databricks, Data Factory, Amazon Athena/Data Lake Storage/BigQuery, Azure Analysis Services, Synapse Analytics, Machine Learning, etc.)
Ideally the following cloud-related technical experience:
- 2+ years of working with different Cloud platforms (Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)) and environments (Public, Private, Hybrid) in a security role.
- 2+ years of hands-on technical experience implementing security solutions for leading Cloud service providers e.g., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud.
- 2+ years of full stack development and strong experience with either one of these Python, Java, Angular, R, Go.
- 1+ years of hands-on technical experience enterprise-level security incident and event management (SIEM) implementation or operations.
- 1+ years of infrastructure automation (such as PowerShell, Terraform, Puppet) or DevOps/DevSecOps experience.
- 1+ years of containerization experience (Kubernetes, Docker).
- 2+ years of consulting experience.
- 1+ years of PowerShell, ARM and JSON programing.
- BA/BS Degree is required. Ideally in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering, Information Technology.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Limited sponsorship available.
- Previous Consulting or Big 4 experience preferred.
- Experience with previous cloud migrations is a plus.
- Depth of experience and knowledge in cloud platform technologies such as Amazon's VPC, Elastic Load balancing, Global Accelerator, Transit Gateway, Security Groups, Identity and Access Management IAM, Route 53, Key Management Service (KMS), PrivateLink Direct Connect, Virtual Private Network, CloudFront and API Gateway.
- Experience with cloud automation and container tools like bash scripting, Ansible, Docker, Chef or Puppet.
- Experience with JSON, Python, XML and ability to write cloud automation scripts desired.
- Certifications such as: CCSP, AWS Certified Security, Microsoft Azure Security, Azure Security Engineer Associate
- AWS Certified Architect, Microsoft new role-based certifications (Azure), GCP Cloud Architect, GCP Cloud Security Engineer CCSP, CISSP.
- Knowledge of security and privacy-related industry standards and frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001/2, NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, CSA CCM) is a plus.
- Experience with IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling concepts - (Focus on cloud native networking, Palo Alto and Cisco DMVPN).
- Experience with Centrify, MFA, McAfee AV, Tenable/Nessus, Trend Micro, Splunk, STIG Hardening.
- Experience with data security tooling (such as Voltage / Informatica) integration with cloud-based storage and data warehouse (DWH) solutions including, but not limited to, EMR / BigTable / BigQuery / DataProc.
- Experience with Security Governance solutions like Redlock or Prisma.