The Vice President of Operations is responsible for directing and developing departments in Procurement, Logistics, Warehousing, Account Management, Cultivation Technology Design & Engineering, Commissioning Services, and Office Management. The primary objective of this position is to establish and align interdepartmental goals with the global strategy of the organization which promotes profitability, efficiency, growth, and customer satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages all activities related to operations including Procurement, Logistics, Warehousing, Account Management, Cultivation Technology Design & Engineering, Commissioning Services, Technical Support, and Office Management
- Strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity, and efficiency throughout the company’s operations.
- Review/update/implement processes and procedures by the department.
- Optimize space utilization for current usage and planned growth.
- Review and optimize SG&A in all departments.
- Ensures communications are coordinated supports departmental plans & objectives and meets organizational expenditure requirements.
- Establishes quality control standards. Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Managing data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Provides guidance regarding personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, and facility and equipment needs.
- Coordinates activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum utilization of resources.
- Determines responsibilities of the assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Problem Solving/Analysis.
2. Business Acumen and Decision Making.
3. Strategic Thinking.
4. Results Driven.
5. Effective Leadership.
6. Customer Focus.
8. Communication Proficiency.
10. Conflict Management.
This position is directly responsible for Procurement, Logistics, Warehousing, Account Management, Cultivation Technology Design & Engineering, Commissioning Services, and Office Management.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
- In lieu of a Master’s Degree, a combination of a Bachelor’s Degree and relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership role
- Minimum of 3 years experience in managing multiple departments.
- Experience with departmental P&L responsibility
- Experience with the design and implementation of process improvement plans and initiatives.
- Experience with design, construction, and/or operation of CEA facilities
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in business or related field
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
urban-gro, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all Company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer-related or HIV/AIDS-related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $115,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
We are following CDC guidelines and taking all necessary precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Lafayette, CO 80026: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have experience in Controlled Environmental Agriculture?
- Do you have experience with departmental P&L responsibilities?
- Master's (Preferred)
- Management Experience: 3 years (Required)
- Operations management: 5 years (Required)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19