Job Description: Mackenzie Investments was founded in 1967 and is a leading investment management firm providing investment advisory and related services to retail and institutional clients. The company has $63.6 billion in assets under management, and as part of IGM (a subsidiary of the Power Financial Group of Companies), is the largest independent asset manager in Canada, with $172 billion. We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Everything we do starts with the needs of investors, whether they are saving for a child’s postsecondary education, setting money aside for the future needs of a family member with a disability, or funding their own retirement. In fact, our focus is summed up in our Vision statement: We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Our growth and success are the direct result of our employees, and we strive to create a workplace supported by the following core values: Creativity and Innovation, Strong Decision Making, Collaboration, Courage, Honesty and Integrity, Confidence and Pride.
At Mackenzie Investments you can Build Your Career with Confidence by: *
Changing the Game: We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them.
Making a Smarter World: We believe in continuous learning, understanding what is most important and sharing the benefits of that knowledge.
Being Proud: As a part of our team you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Joining an Unstoppable Team: We build teams that look out for each other, ask the best of each other and deliver the finest work.
Learning and Growing: We offer an environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn; getting the challenges and feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities.
Thriving in a Supportive Environment: We have created a workplace where your efforts and career are supported by your team and your leader.
At Mackenzie Investments, we care about innovation, leadership and personal commitment. Our growth and success are the collaborative result of our employees, whose efforts together have created a solid foundation for the confidence and trust shown in us by our peers, investors and their financial advisors.
What the role is all about: *
- Create and implement your business plan in collaboration with the District Vice-President, for your assigned geographic territory
- Discover and explore new business opportunities via proactive sales calls with new & existing investment advisors
- Advise & give value-add ideas about Mackenzie products & services in order to support advisors in an ever changing business environment
- Provide ongoing support to dealers & brokers regarding market & fund performance, as well as review portfolio profiles
What are the qualifications:
- University degree or equivalent industry experience
- A willingness to pursue new and creative ideas, the motivation to achieve results, dedicated & energetic, strong communication skills – both verbal & written
- An interest and curiosity in capital markets and how they relate to the fund industry
- Successful completion of a financial services industry program course (i.e. CSC, IFIC, CFA, CFP, CIM, etc)
What’s in it for you:
- Great compensation (competitive base and commission) & benefits package (some examples include: Share Purchase Plan, Health and Dental coverage, Education/Career support and a paid Volunteer Day each year)
- Travel to Toronto twice a year for the National Sales Conference as well as sales training (opportunity to network with colleagues across the country)
- Ongoing training to develop market, product & sales skill knowledge
- Opportunity to attend multiple client events throughout the year
- Opportunity to participate in our Wholesaler Development Program (training & development to become a wholesaler)
Internal Applicants: *
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by February 8, 2021. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract