UCT is seeking an experienced and talented Senior Design Engineer to join our UCT Thermal Solutions team in Hayward, CA! The Senior Design Engineer will work directly with our internal and external customers to develop innovative thermal solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design custom thermal solutions including heaters, coolers, thermocouples and controllers
- Work directly with customers both virtually and at their site to solve complex thermal problems
· Research and analyzes data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
· Works with account managers and operations staff to complete design requirements to customers’ specifications
· Coordinates fabrication, test, and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications
· Conducts design review meetings with internal staff
· May participate in customer presentations with sales/operations staff
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Customer interface
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Project management skills
· Customer service orientation
· Working knowledge of CAD software - Pro-Engineer, Inventor, AutoCAD and Solidworks
· Ability to work effectively with operations and other groups to ensure that site delivery and quality issues are met
· Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and database software
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
· 5+ years design experience in semiconductor capital equipment or related industry
· Working knowledge of quick-turn, engineer-to-order environment
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: This section is required for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA)
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment
· Work may require the ability to lift 10-20 pounds infrequently
· Ability to talk on the phone and use a computer for extended periods may be required.
· May involve exposure to moderate noise levels from printers, faxes, computers, etc.
· Work may require out of town travel depending upon assignment (training and meeting).
UCT offers an excellent benefits package to all full-time employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off.
UCT is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hayward, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- One location