The Director of Sales- Foodservice is responsible for the Business Development Pero’s Foodservice Relationships and expanding the business into new territories, developing new customers, overseeing growth with existing customers, and is accountable for the sales and customer service of those customers. Your objective is to ensure Customer Satisfactions while maximizing sales and profitability of the product portfolio and customer growth.
Also responsible for building revenue, through developing and implementing market strategy within the organization’s overall objective, through the preparation of proposals, including creative, innovative, novel, and unique concepts and approaches. Market Research, Forecasting Sales Trends, Problem Solving, Price negotiations, and providing Customer insights to the leadership team is instrumental.
- Build and direct an external sales team to work with the Client Services team in bringing in new business and Clients.
- Support the Client Services team and existing clients in new/additional requirements
- Develop and build a marketing strategy with the VP of National Sales, CSO, and Advisory Board to ensure the achievement of financial targets)
- Provide excellent client satisfaction
- Attending presentations, conferences and client meetings when necessary
- Expand Customer base and increase sales on Fresh Cut lines within the Foodservice Segment including but not limited to Restaurant chains and distributors, Hotels, Commissaries, Retailers, Schools, Buying Groups, and country clubs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and measure business trends; develop and implement plans to maximize Sales/Profits and meet or exceed goals and objectives
- Control shrink and expenses
- Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels with forecasting and projection future growth needs
- Periodically review trends and recommend and initiate changes for maximizing goals and objectives.
- Create and build partner (Client/Vendor) relationships
- Oversee Contract and Bidding process for Foodservice Sector and others if needed
- Explore and propose new revenue opportunities
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required:
- Must display working competency in generally accepted accounting principles
- Must be PC literate
- Must have some knowledge of Marketing and Product Development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision, Self-Motivated, and Entrepreneurial minded
- Customer service driven
- Knowledge of spreadsheet software essential
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint preferred)
- Able to multi-task
- Professional appearance
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials
- People Skills, Integrity, Strong Leadership Skills, and able to adapt and grow in a changing industry