Vidyo enriches people’s lives by embedding real-time video into digital communications in the moments that matter most. Millions of people around the world connect visually every day through Vidyo’s secure, scalable technology and cloud-based services. Its patented platform integrates with virtually any application environment, network, and device to deliver the highest quality experiences that strengthen teams, build trust, solidify relationships, and improve quality of life for everyone.
Vidyo is a subsidiary of Enghouse Systems Limited, a software and services company traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol “ENGH.”
The selected Software Engineer must have at least 8+ years in Java software design, architecture and development experience. In a Linux environment , this engineer will work on the design and development of the Media Resource Broker (MRB) module of PowerMedia XMS, a highly scalable, software-only media server that enables standards-based, real-time multimedia communications solutions for IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS), service provider, enterprise, VoIP, and WebRTC applications on premises or in the cloud. You must have experience in designing and implementing highly scalable, asynchronous networked services. The ideal candidate has some experience with or is willing to learn SIP / VoIP / Video and WebRTC technologies. A solid understanding of software architecture of operating systems and networked services is required. Previous experience with the above technologies in the Windows environment would also be an asset.
- As part of a team, design and develop and enhance features of the Media Resource Broker module in a Linux based Java development environment.
- Analyze, debug and resolve complex internal and external issues in assigned modules.
- Write design specifications for assigned development projects.
- Participate in peer code reviews and design reviews.
- Understand and follow the evolution of related open-source services, frameworks and libraries for possible inclusion in the Media Resource Broker and other Vidyo division products.
- CS / EE degree or equivalent
- Must have (8+ years) of Java development experience, preferably in developing high performance, high quality and highly scalable enterprise or carrier grade products/solutions where communication between multiple systems are involved.
- A strong Java skill set with knowledge around core principles of the language.
- Able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Java threading and Java networking (NIO).
- Ability to understand complex software systems and dive quickly into existing code.
- A solutions-oriented thinker who can find solutions for server performance issues & debug interactions between multiple processes.
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and debugging using Wireshark or similar network traffic analysis tools.
- Should have good working knowledge of using communication protocols and/or technologies such as REST, SIP, ICE , Websockets, gRPC, JSON RPC, SNMP etc,
- Experience with open-source development tools.
- Expertise in multithreading, concurrency and high availability concepts.
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Experience using tools for memory leak detection, profiling performance issues, and multithreading issues.
- Strong understanding of writing code prioritizing maximum performance and minimizing system resource usage while ensuring code readability, maintainability and adherence to coding standards.
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented software design and programming techniques.
- Self-learner and independent worker but also a strong team player
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Knowledge of developing and working with RESTful APIs, using JAX-RS.
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks, such as Mockito.
- Experience working with Oracle Communications Converged Application Server (OCCAS) Environment.
- Some experience in C/C++ development.
- Experience working with Cloud environments (OpenStack, AWS, GCP etc).
- Experience in Atlassian development platforms confluence, build automation tools bamboo & understanding of modern CI/CD tools
- Experience in Jscript / ECMAScript, bash and other scripting languages
- Experience in media related technologies and protocols (SIP, VoIP, WebRTC etc)
We are an Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliant workplace. You can be confident that our recruitment and hiring processes will be modified to accommodate disabilities, if requested.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Enghouse Systems is an equal opportunity employer.