ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE VACCINATED
Buckles-Smith Electric offers a work environment with unique opportunities in Northern California from the North and East Bay through Silicon Valley and down to Fresno. We service local companies driving change in Industrial Automation, Infrastructure, and cutting-edge technology across many essential industries. Suppliers and manufacturers within our regional $5 billion electrical market choose Buckles-Smith as their preferred channel partner. Join us as we continue our growth within an exciting and dynamic sector.
We are looking for motivated and creative individuals with varying skill sets and unique contributions to drive us forward.
Provide a positive experience to our customers and suppliers by offering product selection assistance as well as accurately and efficiently processing requests for quotations and orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Establish, develop and maintain excellent working relationships with customers, suppliers and co-workers.
- Project a positive, professional image of the company in all communications with customers, vendors, co-workers and suppliers.
- Perform duties in a professional manner by promptly providing accurate and thorough pricing quotations, product information, and order information.
- Take ownership of customers’ requests, inquiries and complaints promptly; follow through to customer’s satisfaction.
- Respond to all customer requests within same business day.
- Process order entry information within same business day.
- Ask customers pertinent questions to define expectations regarding delivery dates and price.
- Offer add-on and up-sell products that may benefit the customer.
- Suggest alternative products when a customer requested product is not available.
- Promote Buckles-Smith e-commerce, supply chain, Value-Add, and technical services as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Finance groups to improve customer experience and profitability.
- Stay current with industry trends, products and services; actively participate in vendor programs and courses.
- Inform customers of industry events, product updates, and promotions.
- Achieve overall gross margin levels established by management; profitably grow market share.
- Establish proficiency in current business system and related applications.
- Acquire knowledge of the company’s organization, structure, product lines, and policies and procedures.
- Assist counter sales, as needed.
- Ad hoc requests as requested.
Knowledge and Skill requirements
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively communicate orally and in writing with customers, suppliers, and employees.
- Working proficiency of MS Office.
- Able to navigate and utilize online resources related to essential job duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of basic algebra, percentages, addition, subtraction, multiplication.
Four-year college degree or High School diploma plus 2 years selling electrical supplies is required.
Certificates, licenses, registrations
Valid CA Class “C” driver’s license
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; stand; talk and hear both in person and by telephone; and use hands to operate, handle or feel office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, stoop or bend and lift and/or move up to and including 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 - $2.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Electrical Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location