The Director of Sales – Amazon will manage and director all aspects of the sales and profit goals with Amazon and Specialty dotcom accounts. Aggressively pursue placement of all newly introduced products. Increase market share of Igloo online through strategy product assortment, AMS campaigns, drive content creation and placement on pages for A+ Content excellence.
- Monitor and present recommended programs/presentations/product mix changes with supporting documentation/rationale to drive improved margin delivery for the company.
- Develop and drive Hybrid model of our Amazon business through 1P and 3P partnerships to drive sales growth and profitability to meet and exceed established goals.
- Manage and direct the Amazon business to ensure deadlines/goals to drive profitable sales growth for the company.
- Develop and deliver strategy meetings to ensure Igloo/Amazon partnerships stay aligned throughout the current year /planning for the future.
- Travel to attend weekly status meetings for Igloo/Amazon, sales conferences and account calls. Travel related to this position is approximately 20%.
- Focus directly on sales growth and management of Amazon.com and other ecommerce venues. Daily interaction with Vendor central: upload new items, photography, video, consumer comments; delete items that are non-performers, and discontinued within our system. Manage and direct orders and flow of goods to each of their individual distribution centers.
- Establish Igloo feature pages and tabs to maximize brand and product exposure online.
- Work directly with marketing team to ensure the best possible photography of each item. Work with them to build updated video content. Keep all content accurate and up to date by meeting with marketing, product development and engineers.
- Serve as point person for Igloo’s Customer Service in resolving all purchase order related issues including, but not limited to product allocation, order cancellation, order extension, shipment error returns, carrier, trailer overflow, and MABD issues. Manage “special” situations with customers, i.e. warehouse shipping, direct-to-store orders, etc.
- Work directly with systems team to ensure software updates are completed, such as the new 5010, and that we are 100% compliant with online retailers’ needs. (Oracle Report, vendor central and Excel).
- Serve as point person in tracking Feature Orders. Monitor Feature/Ad Orders to ensure that shipments are timely. Monitor Feature POS SellThru and store pulls by distribution center/region in order to identify opportunities to flow additional products to prevent store out of stock.
- Manage Igloo inventories to ensure 95% ship rate for online retailers. If inventory shortage happens, work with online retailer to remove the item until stock become available again.
- Communicate and drive implementation of customer mandated initiatives into Igloo operations on issues involving shipping, invoicing, compliance, etc.
- Prepare sales/inventory/performance reports and attend Quarterly Customer Replenishment/Buyer meetings and Customer Mandated Meetings.
- Assist in gathering information and reconciling Post Audit Claims and other account issues.
- Other duties as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business-related field or relevant experience.
- Experience: Eight (8) years e-commerce/Sales experience.
- Interpersonal and Communication skills: Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be organized and have good written and speaking skills.
- Math skills: Strong math and analytical skills necessary. Accuracy a must.
- Analytical skills: Forecasting and extrapolation of data, sales and margin analytics, interpretation of data and summarization. Must be able to develop, prepare, analyze and present findings to internal and external customers to drive sales.
- Computer skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word required
- Working knowledge of Access Database, Oracle, Power Point
- Availability to travel up to 20% of the time required.
- com direct sales experience.
- Full understanding and prior use of Amazon.com vendor central. Strong attention to detail ensuring accurate item set up and maintenance.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in written and oral form, with both internal and external customers.
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Point person working with and directing activities of account customer service associates.
- Provides direction to the IPC replenishment team, and other support teams.
- Sales performance versus plan
- Contribution growth YOY
WE WIN AS A TEAM - Each of us is an expert in our role and we work together to meet our goals. We value communication, honesty and respect and operate with a high degree of integrity.Each one of us makes a difference every day.
WE HAVE FUN - Coolers are a fun business. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We celebrate our successes as individuals and as a team.
WE FAIL FAST - There are few decisions that any of us make that can’t be reversed. We take calculated risks and we hold ourselves accountable for the results. We change course when necessary and we learn from our mistakes. We win because we’re willing to fail.
WE’RE SCRAPPY - We treat the business as if it were our own. We do more with less and we have a high sense of urgency to meet the needs of our consumers and customers.
WE HAVE A POSITIVE CAN-DO ATTITUDE - We see opportunity where others see risk. We go above and beyond our role to get things done for our customers and our teammates.