Reporting to the Ontario Business Manager, the Regional Sales Manager oversees the day-to-day operation of our Mississauga branch's Commercial & Industrial business. The incumbent will be a team player who demonstrates initiative and a positive professional attitude and manner.
- Ensure all job functions are performed in accordance to the Guillevin Standard Practice Instruction (SPI) Manual;
- Provide outside sales support to drive new business opportunities with new and existing customers;
- Provide leadership for Account Manager (AM) & Territory Manager (TM) team to ensure sales and margin targets are met;
- Work closely with AM/TM team to develop meaningful strategies for key customers. Approach all queries as an opportunity to train leading to better future business decisions;
- Assist AM/TM team with customer opportunities and/or concerns as required;
- Deal with every escalated customer complaint in an expedient manner and ensure they are satisfied with our resolve;
- Identify and help develop internal/external opportunities to further enable profitable sales growth of the department. Opportunities include but are not limited to product, customer, processes, resources, etc;
- Build strong customer relationships with senior management at key customer accounts;
- Build strong vendor relationships;
- Implement all vendor initiatives with sales team;
- Ensure employees have the tools and support necessary to do their job functions effectively;
- Coordinate and assist, when necessary , the various functions in office sales and administration, including:
- Providing pricing quotations to customers and following-up;
- Entering customer orders;
- Create, Implement, track and communicate KPIs employees;
- Provide market intel support to purchasing team;
- Stay informed of sales objectives, targeted product lines, required market-intel, vendor objectives, and competitor activities and actively promote new knowledge to immediate director reports and manager teammates as deemed necessary;
- Maintain a system of effective communication between Mississauga Operations, Purchasing and Administration so that all parties are regularly updated with capacity challenges and service issues;
- Continuously develop knowledge of product to remain up-to-date with various product lines (including vendor training) and industry changes;
- Complete documentation and participate in Noramco annual forecast meetings;
- Keep open line of communication with OBM on all significant successes and challenges;
- Collaborates with OBM on all significant changes that are required;
- Works closely with OBM when support is required;
- Participate in a weekly Ontario sales, administration and operations conference call;
- Performs any other duties as required by OBM;
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field;
Minimum five years experience in sales manager positions;
Strong leadership, negotiating and supervisory skills;
Exceptional organization and strong analytic proficiencies;
Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal;
Behaves in a highly ethical and professional manner reflecting Company values;
Ability to multitask and highly adaptable;
Goal and results driven;
Comfortable in learning ERP systems and literate with standard office software;
Sound judgement and thrives on entrepreneurship;
Knowledge of electrical industry.
What’s in it for You
National Cable Specialists (NCS) offers exciting and challenging careers as well as a competitive Benefits Program, Group RRSP with employer contribution and a Higher Education Awards Program for the children of our employees.
National Cable Specialists ensures equality in the recruitment and selection process by making employment decisions based on qualifications, relevant experience, knowledge and capability, demonstrated skills and accomplishments.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The masculine gender is only used to simplify the text.
For any questions, please email [email protected]
If you applied to any of the companies listed, you can use the same account to apply to this position.
Brogan Safety Supplies, EWEL, Guillevin, Noramco