Cloud DevOps Engineer (Cloud Management Unit)
Business Summary: Cloud Management
CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Management, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. CloudHealth by VMware is looking for highly motivated DevOps engineer to play a pivotal role in advancing CloudHealth team's DevOps endeavors. Cloud Management Unit is a catalyst to VMware's portfolio of cloud services. This transformation to cloud is turning out to be an exciting journey and we are looking to build a solid DevOps team with focus on various production engineering aspects like CICD, SRE, Monitoring etc. DevOps team will be responsible for taking SaaS service to production from inception, while providing actionable insights into these services running on AWS cloud.
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You have an analytical mind and a passion for the craft of software engineering, and you love solving problems and learning new things. Technologies come and go, but that excites you because of the endless possibilities it creates. You’re looking for an opportunity to work for a company whose software is utilized by every Fortune 500 company and significantly impacts every industry. You want to be a part of a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers’ business objectives.
Job Role and Responsibility:
You will bring knowledge with SaaS mindset to the table which will help us augment and reinvent the processes which keeps development running smoothly at CloudHealth. You will build out new systems to fit new needs and are not skittish when it comes to improving an already-deployed system. You look to learn about technologies outside of your realm of expertise from your teammates and are passionate about teaching them likewise. Furthermore, you wish to have an impact on the largest number of other engineers possible with SaaS first mindset and DevOps best practices.
- 5 or more years of experience in the fields of SRE, DevOps or production engineering
- Experience in leading SRE and DevOps work initiatives from inception to production
- Ability to lead and mentor other engineers in the team for DevOps best practices
- Ability to lead development efforts of common tools and frameworks
- Experience with one or more object-oriented programming skills, i.e. Java, Python, Ruby, Golang
- Background with Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- Familiarity with Linux Systems
- Experience with continuous integration and automation server like Jenkins
- Experience with platforms like Kubernetes, Containers and public clouds
- Experience with deployment and monitoring of highly scalable products in a SaaS model
- Experience with DevOps best practices, working knowledge of observability principles is a big plus
- Develop AWS infrastructure automation using Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Chef
- Familiarity with scripting (Ruby, Python, Groovy, Shell)
- Cloud certification is a plus
This position is eligible for CHReferralCMBU referral campaign
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-08-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.