Cartage Services is a premier delivery service provider for one of the largest international shipping company in the world. We provide excellent customer service and brand exposure for our client five days a week.
As a Courier you would follow standard company procedures and safety requirements to pick up and deliver time sensitive materials in a timely and efficient manner. You are responsible for the accurate storing, shipping, and receiving of product to meet company standards or safety, security, and productivity.
Success of our team members is based on APA – Attendance, Performance, and Attitude. Should you excel in all three elements of success, you will be monetarily compensated. Performance does not go unnoticed and will propel you towards your goals, whether that be the best at what you do or the next leader of our teams.
- Under tight deadlines, drives vehicle to customer locations, climbs in and out of vehicle, and walk up and down stairs as required to pick up and deliver documents and packages to and from customers according to established procedures, in all weather conditions
- Picks up, handles, and delivers time sensitive documents and packages in a safe and punctual manner considering traffic regulations and driving conditions in order to meet customer and DHL time requirements
- Ensure all delivery material received is safely delivered to correct consignee
- Operates a scanner to record shipping and package information for documents/packages picked up or delivered.
- Ensure all proper documentation is filled out and brought back to the warehouse as well as analyze international shipping documents for any additional constraints
- Maintains good work habits, including reporting to work on time and adhering to standard work and safety procedures.
- Reports any suspected breach of security or unusual happenings to supervisor immediately
- Manually load and unload freight in an efficient and safe manner
- Must be able to lift up to seventy (70) lbs occasionally
- Must be able to lift forty (40) lbs frequently
- Must be able to walk, climb stairs, reach overhead, squat, bend, kneel, stoop and crouch repeatedly
- Must be able to meet our company insurance requirements
- Must have a valid driver license with a clean driving record, no license suspensions in the past 3 years (no more than 12 points in 3 years)
- Must be able to pass a 7 year background screening (no infractions of any kind)
- Must possess EXCELLENT customer service skills (extremely patient and friendly with a desire to serve
- Must be able to use a smart phone and have a reliable means of communication and transportation
- Must be reliable (variations in schedule/tardiness/absenteeism are NOT allowed)
- Previous transportation and/or customer service experience preferred
- Amazon experience HIGHLY DESIRED
Our Couriers are the face of not only our company, but our customer's company as well. Therefore, only those that take pride in their work, appearance and reputation need apply.
Cartage Services is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. CS recruits and advances qualified applicants/employees regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, or national origin
Location: 1600 Kelly Blvd Ste 100, Carrollton, TX 75006
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $36,000 - $42,000 per year
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 - $42,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Year round work
- Are you at least 21 years of age?
- Will you be able to pass a 7 year background check?
- Driver's License (Required)
- One location