Sales Development Representative
About the Job
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Sales Development Representative is a key inside sales position that is focused on acquiring new customers for the company’s billing and payments solutions through creative cold calling, email reach out, and virtual presentations.
Why Leave Your Job for Ours?
- Entrepreneurial, highly accessible executive team versus closed-door, slow to change corporate management – it starts at the “top”.
- Servant-leadership philosophy and practice.
- Respect for the constant cycle of balancing work and your personal life.
- Better compensation and a full benefits plan.
- Stable and predictable commission plan.
- Resources to help you do your job.
- Products and services that clients want and need.
- Recognition and differentiated compensation for driving business growth.
- Diverse, inclusive, and progressive work environment.
About Our Company, Culture, and Values
Input 1 has a unique growth story, with its early beginnings as a family-built general agency in the 1950s. With unquestionable dedication to providing necessary and progressive solutions to an ever-evolving industry, Input 1 has since then grown to be a leading provider of premium financing, software, payment, billing, and business process outsourcing solutions to the property and casualty insurance industry.
Choosing to work for Input 1 as an employee or as a client means choosing to work with really good people. Integrity, compassion, and respect are vital to the character of the people that work at our company. Knowledge, flexibility, and constant self-evaluation are drivers of our success. Our work environment rewards excellence, not egos.
What You’ll Do
Strategically identify opportunities within assigned territory.
- Utilize an effective contact and communication process using a combination of phone, email, and virtual conferencing to qualify leads.
- Ensure leads are thoroughly researched, educated, and nurtured for a seamless introduction to the Director of Sales.
- Manage all administrative aspects of leads, including but not limited to Customer Relationship Management (CRM) data, all other applicable records in a timely manner.
- Assist Sales team as necessary, such as emailing information to clients, scheduling, collaborating in communication to strengthen rapport, etc.
- Maintain competitor, industry, and technology knowledge to serve as a trusted resource for prospects and customers and to successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Develop and maintain daily plans to maximize phone time, including pre-call planning, adhering to territory hours, and customizing scripts and outreach cadences to market segments and prospect types.
- Work with others in the Sales team to develop strategic contact lists and maintains quality contact data within the CRM and database.
- Report lead generation results to the Director of Sales on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Actively seek out and participate in opportunities to role play with others in the Sales team to continuously improve tactics and approach.
- Actively seek out and participate in opportunities to discuss CRM and database input to continuously improve tactics and approach.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Branding and Positioning
- Client Focus
- Continuous Learning
- Strategic Sales Planning
Education and Experience
2+ years of sales development or related experience preferred.
- Highly functional with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Tech capable – prior experience with CRM applications like HubSpot or Salesforce or ability to learn quickly.
- This position may operate on-site in company headquarters or remotely.
- Competitive, based on experience.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- 10 paid holidays.
- Vacation/sick time.
- Company provided work equipment and/or business reimbursements, as applicable.