In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Responsible for managing the relationship and business strategies for less complex accounts (regional, single business unit, internal, etc.). May have responsibility for larger, more complex accounts when paired with a more senior account manager. Responsibilities include selling the organization's products to assigned business customers to achieve sales goals, expanding existing customer relationships and executing account sales plans in support of business strategy.
- Develops, manages, and maintains business relationships with assigned accounts supporting the organization's sales strategy.
- Supports growth or new business opportunities and cost initiatives.
- Extends and expands sale of products and services to existing clients.
- Leads, manages and coordinates communication and interfaces with the customer at appropriate levels.
- Negotiates and implements contracts with accounts as authorized.
- Manages production and distribution issues associated with accounts.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive customer relations.
- Acts as a champion for the voice of the customer within the business.
- Supports account strategy and works with key stakeholders in the business to achieve optimum results.
- Responsible for measuring customer satisfaction and creating action plans to improve satisfaction based on data.
- Manages accounts receivable deliverables including payment terms negotiation discussions.
- Drives Customer Focus Six Sigma initiatives to strengthen relationship with customer.
- Drives cross business unit account development in support of account strategy.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Significant level of relevant work experience, including previous customer and/or product experience required. Purchasing/commercial contract negotiation preferred.
- Additional Responsibilities Unique to this Position:
- Position is eligible for Sales Compensation.
- Position may be performed anywhere in the North California area from Sacramento North.
- Methodically identify and target new account opportunities.
- Technical capability, aptitude, and experience preferred.
- Product application and integration experience preferred.
- Maintains accurate reporting and forecasting through utilization of Cummins tools and processes (i.e. common sales cycle, Customer Relationship Management Systems).
- Monitor & effectively manage customer inventory.
- Active in cross business unit account development in support of account strategy.
- Leads, manages,and coordinates communication and interfaces with the customer at appropriate levels. Frequent F2F customer support visits at appropriate cadence.
- Assures good communication and coordination between upstream influencers and project management
- to attain the goals of the sales strategy and culture.
- Relevant experience with diesel powered equipment and the specialty Ag Market is a positive.
- Communicate and work closely with all internal support teams.
- Training and proficiency in Salesforce, COLS, GCE, Quickserve, and BMS
- Account Plans -Maintain & update periodically to retain evergreen status.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree in marketing, sales, technical or a related subject or equivalent industry experience required.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.