Job DescriptionAbout the Company
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you’ll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience. As we move through 2021, the digital transformation will revolutionize the digital space and you can build a career that will propel your future.
About the Team
Currently Media is part of AT&T’s Strategic Platforms organization, which has responsibility for a broad array of AT&T digital platforms including att.com, MyAT&T and a wide variety of AT&T mobile apps.
Currently Media products (Currently.com, AT&T Mail, Currently Digital Publishing) play a unique role in AT&T’s consumer-facing digital ecosystem, serving users with content, communications and access to their email, internet, video and mobile accounts. Currently Media also has a pipeline of innovative products in development with the goal of bringing the next generation of digital experiences to consumers around the world.
About the Job
The role of Lead is essential in delivering high-margin revenue for AT&T’s Currently Media portfolio of products, including Currently.com Portal, EnVivo Spanish-language portal and Currently Digital Publishing. The Lead is responsible for developing both short and long-term strategies that drive retention and engagement objectives for the Currently Media portfolio and AT&T. This role is also responsible for content discovery and programming across desktop, mobile and tablet platforms with the aim of serving customers’ need for timely, accurate and trusted information. The role requires superb writing skills in producing original content on news of the day and AT&T enterprise-wide initiatives.
Responsibilities and Day-to-Day View
- Read/write in HTML code to make necessary adjustments to Back-End and Front-End systems/interfaces.
- Troubleshoot and identify root causes in order to maintain 99.99% uptime for content delivery on all mobile, tablet and desktop devices.
- Leverage Photoshop and other visual asset production tools to compress, manipulate and optimize exposure to create visually dynamic images.
- Support the portal and custom publishing teams with thought leadership and executional excellence of digital experiences published on the Currently.com portal, Spanish-language EnVivo portal and the Currently Digital Publishing platform.
- Support strategic product roadmap development and planning with data-based insights on user engagement and product performance by content vertical, e.g. homepage, finance, sports, entertainment, lifestyle and others.
- Work with cross-functional leads (Account Development, Partner Management, Program Management) and vendors to ensure AT&T brand safety, site performance and publishing.
- 10+ years of deep technical expertise/experience in web development, product development, web publishing, and content management systems.
- Experience in software code development, asset encoding, and digital media publishing.
- Expertise in custom content management systems (CMS) and/or other CMS such as Drupal, WordPress or Adobe.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Agile software development practices.
- Ability to translate complex ideas into clearly defined product definition and requirements.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, in both an individual and team environment.
- Ability to successfully bring new products, platforms, features and business processes to market.
- Critical thinking skills that blend ability to be analytical, creative, focused and flexible.
- Ability to successfully operate in a fast-paced, dynamic, sometimes stressful and often ambiguous technical and business environment.
- Ability to influence others to action without the existence of a formal reporting relationship.