FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the heavy-duty industry and apply today!
Provide leadership to multiple area managers and Regional Sales Director in their assigned area and motivate personnel to meet or exceed their EBITDA, sales budgets and KPI goals. This role will drive and lead operational efficiencies as well as sales and marketing for an assigned group of locations. This role requires regular travel to the locations within the assigned area. This role is a key champion to our values as well as our safety culture.
Ensure that new and existing team members are trained on FleetPride’s latest safety policies, programs, and procedures. Hire and supervise Area Managers and Regional Sales Director for the area assigned as well as participate in staffing process at each branch to ensure positions are filled in a timely manner with the right people in the right roles. Work with the Regional Sales Director on managing and developing Territory Sales Managers. Communicate with direct reports on a regular basis to ensure procedures are followed, new procedures and methods are considered, and new approved methods or procedures are known and carried out on a timely basis. Enforce company policies and procedures, abide by same. Provide hands-on support to direct reports that assists with career development, coaching and training. Responsible to ensure all required training is completed in a timely manner in their responsible area. Identify top performers and position them to coach others to maximize efforts. Review financial P & L results of all branches in assigned region monthly to ensure that performance is at a minimum meeting strategic objective. If objectives are not met, formulate plan, and discuss methods of improvements with direct reports. Work with team on a plan to support and grow the local markets which would include growing current business as well as finding new customers Approve expenses up to budget limits Attract, retain, and develop Area Managers, and Regional Sales Directors for assigned geographic areas. Provide support to Area Managers to assist with career development, coaching and training for the Branch Managers. Assist in the leadership development of Regional Sales Director and Territory Sales Managers. Identify top performers and develop succession planning of all key positions. Compare each branch EBITDA and sales to plan; collaborate with Area Managers, Territory Sales Manager, Regional Sales Director and/or National Accounts Manager to find new opportunities for sales penetration of new or existing products; share successful practices across area. Periodically update and visit customers, when appropriate, for potential new business opportunities. Travel the regional territories conducting visits to branch offices as needs are identified. Review all branch inventory issues and review reports when issues arise. Review financial results of all branches in assigned area on a monthly basis to ensure that performance is, at a minimum, meeting strategic objectives. If objectives are not met, formulate plan and discuss methods of improvements with Area Manager.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself and other individuals and organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Judgment & Decision making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Communicating: Conveying information to others in an effective manner. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implication of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Mathematics: Ability to solve simple equations; ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate); Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in heavy duty truck parts industry, including a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory position of multi-unit management
- Understanding of the structure of our FleetPride sales force and branches, preferred
- Understanding of the heavy duty truck business. Prior experience in the heavy duty industry preferred
- Understanding of quantitative/qualitative analysis
- Understanding of analytical, statistical and financial processes and procedures
- Strong professionalism, credibility and inter-personal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of iSeries and Power BI tools
- Valid drivers’ license with clean driving record.
- Ability to travel a majority of the time is required.
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.