The Clinical Specialist II is an advanced level position with a primary focus in large hospital systems. The Clinical Specialist II is responsible for supporting Masimo Products and maintaining customer relationships with a variety of clinicians and other key stakeholders. The Clinical Specialist II is a proactive member of the Masimo Clinical Team and works in partnership with internal and external customers. This is an advanced level role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Clinical Specialist II is responsible for all of the job duties of a Clinical Specialist plus the following:
- Consults with healthcare partners and skilled clinicians to identify solutions that consistently deliver optimal care at a lower cost through automating patient management across the continuum of care with Masimo products, measurements, and data.
- Works with Masimo Account Manager to develop and execute a strategy to support the customer’s strategic initiatives.
- Consults on workflow solutions to minimize disruption and maximize efficiency.
- Uncover opportunities to expand Masimo solutions.
- Work with account manager to meet territory sales objectives.
- Develops and maintains an on-going partnership with Masimo customers to meet or exceed their expectations with a primary focus in large hospitals or health systems.
- Ability to prioritize and plan independently, as well as with sales and CS team members to meet the goals of the company and attain customer satisfaction/loyalty.
- Provides advanced troubleshooting and product support.
- Overnight Travel is required (50% or more).
- Performs the Project Management Role, Lead Clinical Specialist Role, or Clinical Specialist Resource Role for on-site implementations, evaluations and additional projects.
- Performs special projects as requested.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Must be PC literate
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Independent problem solving skills
Ability to travel extensively
Must meet current state and/or professional license requirements
- At least 2 years’ critical care or related clinical experience.
- Leadership experience.
- Track record of creating close client relationships and looked upon by customers as a trusted advisor.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist or Registered Nurse.
Registered Respiratory Therapist or Registered Nurse preferred.
Physical requirements/Work Environment
This position primarily works outside of a traditional office environment, making frequent customer contact on a daily basis. It requires frequent sitting, standing, walking and lifting (must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds). Daily use of a computer and other computing and digital devices is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Must be able to travel extensively (both domestically and locally), so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license is required. Must have a valid Driver’s license with a driving record that meets company’s insurance requirements.
The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
For over thirty years, Masimo has been expanding the boundaries of noninvasive monitoring to improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of care. Today, Masimo delivers a portfolio of hospital-trusted monitoring solutions to help increase patient safety, health, and wellness in the hospital and at home. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a culture that’s driven by passion, challenging the status quo, and making an impact in the lives of others.
Masimo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.