RK is a multifaceted, industry-leading, specialty contractor headquartered in Denver, CO, with decades of experience working in the construction, manufacturing and building services industries. As a second-generation family-owned enterprise, RK prides itself on developing strong relationships with customers, as true project partners, throughout the Mountain West region. RK brings creativity, performance and optimism to every project.
RK Steel provides fabrication and erection of structural steel and miscellaneous metals systems, and custom fabrication for industrial process systems.
- Three medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your family
- 401(k) plan with company match that is 100% immediately vested
- Dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability plans available after one year
- Company provided life insurance and AD&D with options for supplemental buy-ups.
- Paid time off and holidays
- Weekly pay
- Career development training for all levels through RK University
- Wellness coaching offering exercise planning, gym discounts, health screenings, program incentives up to $2,100 a year, and more.
- Fun company and team building events, and volunteering opportunities
- Confidential counseling for personal issues, financial advice and more
- Discounts on entertainment including amusement park tickets, restaurant specials and more
What you’ll be working on:
You would be part of a dynamic sales team that has the responsibility of growing the business unit revenue! You will be empowered to build and develop strategies, industry contacts and sales channel opportunities to grow the structural steel and miscellaneous metal market. Compensation is competitive and the commission is generous.
Generate revenue and meet sales targets
- Develop and qualify leads to drive additional sales opportunities through cold-calling and lead generation campaigns
- Gather and utilize business intelligence on prospects to support sales calls, product presentations and driving new business.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in outside sales
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the steel industry
- A strong hunter with an ability to move easily between the roles of aggressive sales prospector, consultative seller, and product expert
- Strong gift in qualifying sales opportunities to build and manage sales pipeline
- Finesse in coordinating team efforts for optimal delivery
- Meet quota/margin objectives
- Passionate sales ambition
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
How you make Safety your top priority:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may be corrected.
- RK Mechanical employees and subcontractors are required to implement and maintain all safety and health systems practices including the training requirements of RK Mechanical Orientation, shop specific orientation, CPR/First Aid/AED/Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard Identification and Reporting, and OSHA 10.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Work outside, inside, and in dusty, noisy and hazardous areas.
- Work in high places, tight places, confined spaces and/or other adverse locations.
- Climb, balance, squat, kneel and crouch.
- Work in all types of weather.
- Must have working knowledge of all trade materials and tools.
- Ability to lift and carry 51 to 75 lbs. occasionally, and/or 31 to 45 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 16 to 22 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Denver Business Journal
- #1 Denver-Area Mechanical Contractor 2014- Present
- #6 Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Company: X-Large, 2019
- #7 Denver-Area Corporate Foundation, 2020
- #7 Denver-Area Manufacturing Firm, 2020
- #14 Denver-Area Healthiest Employers, 2020
- #16 Largest Denver-Area Private Employer, 2020
- #22 Denver-Area Private-Sector Employer, 2020
- #23 Denver-Area Corporate Philanthropists, 2020
- #8 Top 200 Private Companies List, 2020
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) - Rocky Mountain
- 1st Place Specialty Contractor Award of Excellence- Ascent Union Station
- 2nd Place Specialty Contractor Award of Merit- Pike Peak National Cemetery
- Accredited Quality Contractor (AQC)
- “Platinum Level” Company in STEP Safety Management System
- Platinum level ratings or higher from the ABC STEP program for nine of the past twelve consecutive years
Colorado Manufacturing Awards
- RK Mission Critical- CMA Building and Construction Manufacturer of the Year
Colorado Workforce Development Council
- 2020 Colorado Apprenticeship Program of the Year, Employer
Engineering News Record
- 2020 ENR Mountain States Specialty Contractor of the Year
- 2019 Colorado Project of the Year Winner- Gaylord Rockies
- 2020 Office/Retail/Mixed-Use, Award of Merit: Financial House
- 2020 Cultural/Worship, Award of Merit: Denver Art Museum Sie Welcome Center
- Top 40 and highest ranked Mechanical Firm in Colorado on ENRs Top 50 Firms in Mechanical, 2020
- #8 Top 20 Firms in Sheet Metal, 2020
- #19 Top 20 Firms in Steel Erection, 2020
- #95 ENRs “The Top 600 Specialty Contractors”, 2020
Associated Builders and Contractors
- #16 Top 200 Performers, 2020
- #2 Top 20 Plumbing/HVAC Contractors, 2020
- #5 Top 30 Electrical Contractors, 2020
America Heart Association
- Gold Level Employer