As a key member of the Capital Planning, Execution, and Analysis (CPEA) group, the Capital Execution Process Lead will support the Ascend-wide development and roll out of all capital project planning and execution processes from concept to post closure audit.
This role will broaden an individual’s career development by providing:
High leadership visibility through excellent collaboration opportunities to implement new process and effectively manage change across Ascend
A robust view of the capital planning, allocation, and execution processes within Ascend.
Opportunities to fix inefficient work processes, such that they have an immediate impact on the success of strategic projects within Ascend’s CAPEX project portfolio.
This role is responsible for updating and modernizing the policy, procedures, and tools necessary to deliver successful capital project execution. This role will work within the Capital organization and with CPEA group subject matter experts (SME’s) to drive consistent capital project processes across Ascend’s capital project portfolio. Some of the key work processes include critical equipment procurement, QA, expediting, planning and scheduling, estimating, cost controls, construction management, and key analysis measurement.
Because of similar processes, this position would be expected to leverage the processes and SME’s outside of capital project execution when needed.
- Develop a collaborative working relationship with Business Management and Functional Management to drive the most efficient execution processes possible for all projects.
- Design, put into practice, and lead as an advocate and champion, the use of best-in-class work processes for all aspects of project execution.
- Resolve and remove project issues before they become barriers to a project’s success
- Ensure entitlement CAPEX processes by benchmarking inside/outside our industry.
Director Project Engineering – Capital Planning, Execution, and Analysis
- Identify and prioritize the capital planning and execution processes needing revision and consistency across Ascend – starting with the processes that would provide the most benefit to large, strategic projects in the portfolio
- Lead to help engage and coach employees in the application of A2E to project execution.
- Work with the business team and functional groups to identify alternatives that offer the most creative solutions to solve project execution issues.
- Accountable for the development of best in class processes utilized on all major Ascend capital projects.
- Work with the CPEA SMEs and Project Managers to:
- Implement consistent processes across Ascend
- Ensure that procedures detailing project execution and management are established to ensure consistent guidance and approach for project teams
- Ensure that procedures detailing project cost and schedule controls are established to track progress on project commitments and progress reports are communicated
- Ensure that procedures detailing project start-up plans are developed as part of the detail design engineering process and that roles and responsibilities are clearly identified
- 10+ years in the chemicals, petrochemical or manufacturing industry
- 10+ years of experience managing Capital Projects and the Capital Project planning process
- Strong people leadership capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Knowledge and relevant experience of technology and manufacturing processes and systems are essential to this position
- PMP or PgMP certification is desired or commitment to completion of certification at Ascend within 18 months
- Professional Engineer certification is an advantage
- Strong sense of ownership and a drive to improve existing systems and processes by creative and innovative approaches
- Proactive leadership and team-building skills with the ability to work effectively throughout the organization in a fast paced matrix-structured reporting organization
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills with excellent verbal and written communication capabilities
- Demonstrated strong root cause analytical and corrective action skills
- Demonstrated commitment to proactively deliver customer success
Ascend Performance Materials is the premium provider of high quality chemicals, fibers and plastics. With world scale integrated manufacturing facilities we are able to develop new products from our core technologies, and provide flexibility to respond to the expanding needs of customers. Ascend has global sales and distribution facilities across the globe and six manufacturing facilities globally. As a privately-held company, our people do big things and make big decisions, often much earlier in their careers than at larger companies. Ascend Performance Materials offers team members the opportunity to contribute in big, meaningful ways—all within a stable and growing business.
Why work at Ascend?
Our vision is to be the recognized leader in the nylon 6,6 value chain, creating new possibilities with PA66 for everyone, everywhere, every day. We achieve that through living our Ascend values.
We care . We operate safely with high integrity for our employees, our customers and our communities. Our people are our greatest assets, and our Total Rewards Program extends beyond traditional benefits to include access to on-site medical clinics at our U.S. facilities, a global wellness rewards program and Performance Matters, an employee-driven recognition plan. Our Commitment to Zero demonstrates our belief that is it possible to operate with zero personal injuries, zero process safety incidents and zero environmental releases. And the Ascend Cares Foundation, led by Ascend employees, supports Ascend families in times of need, provides inspiring opportunities for community engagement and facilitates community leadership.
Customer-focused . We exist for our customers; they drive our actions. Their success is our success. Our plastics and chemicals are building blocks that help make everyday essentials safer and more sustainable, and we constantly strive to develop new and innovative products to meet the future needs of our customers. And that customer focus doesn’t only apply to the marketplace – it also applies to how we treat our colleagues and our fellow community members.
Better every day . We invest in our people and our processes to improve every day. A2E, our continuous improvement program, guides the way we do business. And this way of problem solving applies not only to our manufacturing practices but also to our commitment to developing our people. You’ll see it during your career at Ascend in our leadership development, skills training and mentoring programs
Agile . We think broadly and lead proactively in a constantly evolving organization and industry. Agility doesn’t mean simply working quickly – it means critical thinking, creative problem solving and novel approaches to everyday challenges.
One Ascend . All together, with a common set of goals and an eye toward the future. We don’t accept silos. We look for ways to share across departments, sites and geography. This means you won’t be boxed into a single role at Ascend – you could get the chance to work with teams across the globe to improve the way we serve our people, our customers and our communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.