Lead the way in defining a new technical stack and cloud architecture to take our data analytics to the next level, supplementing our mature reporting and business intelligence capabilities with powerful predictive analytics and machine learning. By collaborating with other technical leaders across our internal IT department and Data Governance functions, you will help us define where the organization should be going and how modern cloud technologies can support this vision, while connecting the dots across our existing enterprise systems to maintain data integrity and business continuity. Since elements of this architecture will be new, you will play a pivotal role in helping the team adapt to and learn new technologies by teaching us along the way. As an industry expert and leader, we will trust and empower you to design a solution that will deliver huge benefits to our business, while ensuring the underlying infrastructure is compliant with enterprise requirements for security, scalability, and performance. You will also have opportunities to sharpen your skills in cloud methodologies.
Your leadership and technical expertise will be vital as you work with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams to ensure standards are met throughout the build and migration process. We are driving transformational change in how Booz Allen harnesses its vast troves of data, and we need you to drive the vital changes in our cloud architecture that will make that possible! Due to the nature of work performed within this facility, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Empower change with us.
- 5+ years of experience with building and managing large data platforms
- 5+ years of experience with working with data lakes
- Experience with architecting cloud-based or hybrid solutions for enterprise environments, including AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Knowledge of PII, CUI, and structured, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Knowledge of building a data lakes and migrating data, applications, and services from on-prem to cloud
- Knowledge of the cloud service provider market and their offerings, specifically with data pipeline, data governance, and data analytics
- Ability to facilitate strategic vision and alignment across key stakeholders
- Ability to influence strategic investment decisions and portfolio planning
- Ability to lead a collaborative team in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with implementing DevOps, Machine Learning Ops, or similar integrated operations processes
- Experience with cloud-based data ingestion, storage, transformation, and modeling
- Experience with multiple operating systems, including UNIX, Linux, and Windows
- Experience with scripting in a collaborative data science environment including Python, R, Scala, or similar in Jupyter Notebooks, or Databricks
- Knowledge of end-to-end modern agile software development
- MA or MS degree
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, MS Azure Certification, or GCP Cloud Architect Certification
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.