BuildWitt is a marketing and consulting agency that’s on a mission to make the Dirt World a better place.
Since we don’t move any dirt ourselves, we partner with the most forward-thinking Dirt World businesses to tell their stories and solve their problems. Not only are we entirely focused on the Dirt World, but we also work with the best in the industry. Those who treat and train their people right, invest in the latest technology and equipment, are conscious about their business practices, and have no issue with sharing their work and celebrating their people.
We love the people and businesses that we work with, we love our industry, and we love our work. Our partner, Carter Machinery, an authorized Caterpillar dealer is looking for a General Construction Sales Representative.
About the Opportunity:
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington D.C. is hiring a General Construction Sales Representative in Sterling, Virginia. Seeking outgoing, career-minded candidates with previous sales experience and knowledge of the equipment industry and applications preferred. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
What you’ll get to do:
- Selling all assigned Caterpillar and Allied products within an assigned territory.
- Assisting customers with equipment recommendations
- Assuring all equipment deliveries meet the conditions of the sales agreement and monitoring customer satisfaction with products.
Who you are:
- You are a self-starter able to work with limited supervision
- You have excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- You have the product knowledge and the ability to effectively negotiate and close deals.
- Able to develop and execute an action plan to produce sales results.
- Able to work under pressure, quickly evaluate facts, and maintain good judgment when making decisions.
- Must have a clean driving record, and the ability to tow and operate equipment for demonstration purposes.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Must be a good listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to service existing customers with periodic scheduled visits, and effectively prospect potential new customers.
- Willing to travel and work hours required by the job.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate and manage effectively at all levels of the organization.
- You love the construction industry and there’s nothing more exciting or rewarding than helping a company grow.
- You have a desire to develop new skills and capabilities.
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
What’s in it for you:
Our work starts with a higher purpose. Our work adds up to a lot more than just money in our pockets and great benefits.
- Work in a people-centric culture with transparent leadership that prioritizes safety, service to others, pride in work, honesty, celebrating success, leadership through action, and learning through transparency.
- We invest in the best benefits available, so our team members can take care of themselves and their families.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
Direct link to Benefits info: https://cartermachinery.com/employee-benefits/
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(K), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars, and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.