Requisition ID: 111829
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of Insurance Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The role is critical in capturing the full potential for Insurance Sales through the Non-Creditor Businesses (Life, Home and Auto, Accidental Death, Critical Illness), alternative distribution channels (Home Financing Solutions, Scotia Mortgage Authority and third-party mortgage brokers), Contact Centre’s and Branch Channels.
As Manager, Sales Enablement, you will be responsible for:
Effectively engaging with our Direct to Consumer partners, delivering training and subject matter expertise (primarily to trainers and front-line coaches), to build and sustain insurance knowledge and skills across the entire network. This role partners with Distribution and customer facing teams to maintain a strong level of knowledge and understanding of Insurance, supports learning needs assessment and diagnose performance issues.
- Strategy Development - Develop and execute training and coaching strategies, new tools and resources to support the business unit operate more efficiently and effectively to meet their sales targets. Must be able to balance ever increasing change and will work on continuously improving the operational effectiveness and performance of all front-line distribution channels; with a heavy focus on Direct to Consumer Business ((Home and Auto; Life and Health; Travel)
- Developing and monitoring the effectiveness of sales strategies for indirect channels, and Senior Regional Insurance Managers, Direct to Consumer Business
- Designs and implements blended learning and performance tools using a variety of modalities and technologies (i.e. eLearning, Instructor-led Training, Virtual Instructor-led Training, Social Learning, Informal, Mobile Learning, instructional video, quiz, tip sheet, activity, competency check list, webinar and presentation
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Liaise with key partners (e.g. ASE, AEP, Senior Regional Insurance Managers, SBDM, Indirect Mortgage, CCC, etc.), insurers and vendors to proactively identify opportunities to bridge gaps, update knowledge on regulatory requirements, product development, tools and policy changes to optimize the Advisor and/or customer experience.
- Deliver effective training and coaching programs to increase confidence and awareness of existing/new products and the relevant customer benefits, and ensures all content is consistency with the Bank’s Global Sales Principles, meets sales practices, regulatory and market guidelines.
- Uses a train-the-trainer approach to support a network of trainers & coaches who contribute, capture and share their expertise and validate content.
- Supports business development activities by acting as a subject matter expert to delivery channels on insurance knowledge, practices and performance.
- Proactively utilize sales (enrollment) and other customer analytics to optimize future training, and identify which activities, content and tactics drive successful customer interactions.
- Tracks training usage and gains visibility into how trainers and coaches consume and deliver content and training using engagement analytics. Monitors and compares individual and team results, identifying key performers and outliers against benchmarks
- Partners with management, subject matter experts and customer facing teams to maintain a strong level of knowledge and understanding of the needs of the business, conducts learning needs assessment and diagnose performance issues
- Maintains new and ongoing relationships with external networks to ensure currency and relevancy of training industry trends and best practices, leverages knowledge to implement solutions to improve/enhance strategies, programs and processes.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education And Other Requirements
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in Adult Learning, Training or equivalent. Certified Training/Facilitation Professional designation an asset.
- Strong facilitation and program delivery skills – ability to perform successfully as a solo, team, or lead facilitator.
- Breadth and depth of knowledge of creditor and direct to consumer insurance experience is highly preferred
- Significant or relevant experience in delivering training and solutions in a sales or business development environment
- Experience and interest in using technology to facilitate learning.
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. Ability to create powerful training decks (using Powerpoint) and deal effectively with different levels of the organization.
- Strong ability to strategically influence and persuade leaders. Strong ability to effectively perform in a complex, high change environment while being a positive steward for Scotia Life Financial/Insurance Canada
- Thorough understanding of insurance and financial planning concepts, sales and marketing.
- Strong problem solving, conflict management, negotiation skills
- Results oriented and able to effectively execute in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of Bank’s business strategy and how Learning can support them
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.