Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development. You will be responsible for sound technical execution of projects through hands-on development, quality-assurance, and prototyping. You will be involved from ideation to rollout.
- BS in EE/CS or equivalent work experience and successful completion of major projects for which you can show code examples.
- 8+ years of hands on Java programming experience.
- Strong hands on development experience with Java, JEE , Spring JDBC, and restful services
- Hands-on experience with developing restful APIs
- Experience working with SQL and noSQL DataBase
- In-depth understanding of the entire web services development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Strong object-oriented programming skills and concepts
- Ability to create design innovative solutions
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean and solid code that scales and performs well.
- Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others.
- Object oriented design, thorough technical documentation.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Experience with leading a project team and executing projects end to end
- Partner closely with product to craft great product experiences.
- Lead technical design and providing technical guidance to the team and executing the unification projects end to end
- Ramp up and train junior team members.
- Be proactive with identifying areas for improvement and innovation to improve development productivity
- Deliver code within schedule in an Agile software development using test-driven development methodologies.
- Participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release.
- Write clean code to develop functional web services
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Experience with high scalability and availability applications is a plus.
- Provide your GitHub account or code samples with your resume!
- Knowledge on Node JS
- Knowledge on big data
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.