Level I – Must be able to achieve many objectives of this position. Requires some amount of timely supervision to ensure the proper tasks are being accomplished and that communication is adequate, timely, in the correct manner (i.e. verbal, written, email, etc.)
Level II - Consistently achieves all of the objectives of this position. This individual also provides mentoring and direct day-to-day supervision to level 1 positions.
Senior - Highly experienced in the position. Advanced awareness of customer needs and the methods of solving them. Also, a solid understanding of building controls and special systems and the mechanical and electrical systems in buildings. This person is a go to source for others and has a thorough awareness of our customer base, our commitments to them, and the skill sets of our employees. May also manage others within the department.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Business Development Manager (Security and Fire Division) position will involve sales of integrated low voltage systems to commercial accounts (schools, hospitals, office buildings, industrial facilities etc.)
- Actively call on prospects, contractors and consultants to increase company profile in emerging market territory as well as expanding current market base.
- Demonstrate a proficient working knowledge in implementing the selling cycle from identifying and qualifying prospects and then successfully closing the sale.
- Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of Company product offerings as well as creating solutions for customers with Security/Fire/Life products.
- Development of strategic proposals for bid pricing and accurate estimating for projects.
- Allocate time effectively with the goal of meeting or exceeding quota requirements. Assume account management responsibility including the provision and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training, etc.) to assure complete customer satisfaction.
- Develop technical skills to thoroughly understand the functionality of our installed systems as they relate to overall building function.
- Be aware of local and state codes that drive specific system and building configurations.
- Provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Communicate with external organizations as required such as consulting engineers, building owners, and other contractors to ensure accurate and timely project management.
- Ability to work as a team member, which may require working with other sales representatives in Climatec.
- Development and maintenance of all required sales and expense reports on a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school diploma desired.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of sales experience in the Security/Fire/Life/Safety marketplace
- Other technical experience such as military, on the job training programs, etc. may meet this requirement as determined by local management.
- Experience and expertise including but not limited to:
- An understanding of basic computer systems including MS Office Suite of products.
- Clear and concise ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- An understanding of NFPA/NCIT and other related fire and life safety codes is beneficial.
- Willingness to develop selling skills on own time, which may include books, seminars or training classes.
- Be able to lift and carry drawings, personal computers, material, etc.
- Maintain a satisfactory driving record which, per Climatec s vehicle policy, allows the individual to drive a company vehicle or receive auto allowance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid Vacation/Sick/Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance