Outside Sales Representative/Shanor Electric Supply
Kenmore, NY 14217, USA Req #404
Wednesday, July 7, 2021
The Outside Sales Representative will sell products and services offered by the company to current and new clientele.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds and maintains a network of sources from which to identify new sales leads.
- Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identifies and suggests products and services to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates the functions and utility of products or services to customers based on their needs.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise post-sale.
- Maintains communication with existing and previous customers, alerting them of new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest.
- Maintains detailed reports of sales activities including calls, orders, sales, lost business, and any customer or vendor relationship problems.
- Provides periodic territory sales forecasts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to maintain profitable sales.
- Ability to function well in a fast paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Business, or related field OR
- At least five years of Electrical Sales experience a plus.
- Ability to read blue prints preferred.
- Electrical Material knowledge preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to travel in assigned territory.
EEO/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
- Job Family
- Pay Type
Job Type: Full-time