IDI Distributors is America’s largest family owned and operated wholesale insulation distributor backed by over 40 years of proven success. With over 500 employees in 55 locations across the country IDI prides itself on providing best-in-class customer service to the residential and commercial construction industry.
The Sales Representative is responsible for establishing the IDI footprint within the market. This position is responsible for identifying, closing and retaining customers while consistently prospecting new customers and building long term relationships.
- Develop prospective customers and build strong relationships
- Make in person sales calls on residential and commercial customers via office and jobsite visits
- Promote all items within the IDI catalog to all potential customers
- Ensure all customers have current pricing and are aware of changing market conditions
- Timely follow up on all sales leads
- All paperwork including credit applications must be filled out thoroughly.
- Submit accurate activity and expense reports weekly; engage and entertain customers weekly
- Participate in regular safety meetings and promote IDI’s core values
- Promote and support all IDI training events; use these resources to grow existing customers
- Attend all company functions as required
- Other duties as beneficial to IDI
- Proven results in sale of building materials
- Strong planning, time management and organizational skills
- Able to use Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel
- Strong negotiations skills
- Ability to build and work within a small team
- Ability to develop new business
- Ability to travel an average of 60% of the time
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree or similar experience preferred
- 3+ years in sales - insulation or building material sales experience preferred