Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re out to transform transportation logistics through technology, and our multimillion-dollar commitment to IT underscores its importance to our vision. As the Senior .NET Software Engineer, you will be responsible for analyzing business problems, proposing software solutions, providing estimates and converting system designs and technical specifications into program code for moderately sized applications. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Design, develop and maintain Warehouse Management Systems (WMS); understand the functionality and configuration of the WMS
- Design and develop highly scalable production-level code using Microsoft technology stack and emerging open source technologies
- Design, develop and test RESTful APIs
- Act as part of a cross-functional team in an agile development environment
- Research and recommend relevant technologies toward overall technical strategy
- Participate in design/code review sessions and continuous process improvement efforts
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, MIS or a related technical field, or equivalent work or military experience
- 2 years of experience in IT solutions development with strong knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Experience using .Net Core, ASP.NET, C#, Entity Framework, LINQ
- Experience in using and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience in writing advance queries for Oracle, SQL Server or similar databases
- Familiarity with continuous integration and experience with version tools like Git, TFS and SVN
- Availability for periodic 24/7 on-call support as required by team’s rotation schedule
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience with writing unit tests for the .NET Framework with xUnit
- Experience with containerization (e.g., Docker) and container management software (Kubernetes).
- Experience with NoSQL databases, ELK stack
- Experience in front-end development using Angular
- Skills in Oracle database and procedural language (PL/SQL)
- Knowledge of WMS, manufacturing, logistics planning, scheduling concepts and general transportation management
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.