We’re looking for multiple Strategic Account Executives to join a wildly successful sales organization. The ideal candidates will be a strong team player, have a strong prospecting / hunting mentality, and will have experience in managing a large territory.
Does this sound like you?
- You love the thrill of discovering new logos but can continue to cultivate new revenue opportunities within existing business.
- You’re a team player – you’re known for your ability to collaborate with others in order to close a deal. Whether you’re leading the charge or playing a supportive role, you work hard for the win.
- You have a positive attitude – we all know sales is hard, but you’re outstanding work ethic and optimistic perspective helps you build velocity and a solid sales pipeline!
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process and our tech products.
We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry. At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
In this quota-carrying and fast-paced role, you will continuously seek net new business derived from prospecting, territory management, and periodically going onsite (when safe). You will work cross-functionally and pull in resources from the sales engineering team and work to transition business to our implementation team. Once a new customer is onboard, this account will remain as part of your territory for possible upsell or cross sell. In this role, you will grow business with a constant mix of new and expanding clients with a strong emphasis on net new customer acquisition.
- Drive a value-based sales process and manage a defined sales territory (e.g., identify, develop, and close new business opportunities)
- Creatively prospect for new clients through email campaigns, networking, cold calling, and other strategies you determine can reach client most effectively
- Engage in all qualified leads/opportunities assigned from a variety of teams (e.g., Channel, Logistics, Analytics, Marketing, Community, Lead Generation)
- Collaborate with an account team to understand and leverage existing SPS relationships while cultivating a culture that grows together and aligns with SPS Values
- Nurture prospects and current customers; cross-sell and upsell existing subscribers
- Maintain a rolling 90-day pipeline to meet or exceed ARR quota
- Work to maintain customer satisfaction; respond to customers in a timely manner; ensure the customer has proper alignment with customer success
- Document key findings, progress, insights, and pipeline velocity in Salesforce.com
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of relevant work experience (with 3+ years quota-carrying sales experience) OR some post-secondary education plus 9 years of relevant sales experience
- Demonstrated experience managing sales cycles from prospecting to close, building a pipeline, patiently overcoming objections, using tools and resources to demonstrate ROI, effectively forecasting, and persisting through short and long sales cycles
- Proven experience generating leads from your own prospecting efforts, leveraging your contacts and existing accounts and partners
- Clear, concise, and confident communicator (verbal, non-verbal, written), including effectively altering vocal tone/inflection, listening, and writing relevant and engaging content
- Ability to translate and clearly communicate business issues and technical information to individuals with varied levels of expertise
- Excellent skills with cross-functional teamwork (e.g., product management, support, sales leadership, and senior management)
- Demonstrative behaviors around integrity, relationship building, and leadership expectations
- Multi-year tenure in a single organization with 3+ years of repeated success exceeding quota is preferred
- Proven competence with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Salesforce.com
EOE including veterans / disability