Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ2330
Location: Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto
Apply by: Aug 20, 2021
(Temporay 6 Month Term)
As part of the Investment Funds Management team, the Fund Reporting Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining reporting, visualizations and dashboards for use by business stakeholders. The role will have a special emphasis on helping build out Tableau dashboards and data analytics for our investment funds. You will also be an active partner in identifying solutions for our reporting requirements and constructing the appropriate interactive solutions to meet our needs. The successful candidate will ensure that our stakeholders have the information and reporting tools needed to support our Investment Funds reporting requirements.
- Work closely with the IFM team to create interactive Investment Fund analytics for various stakeholders.
- Analyze large amounts of data and build interactive visualizations to tell a story around the risk and return of our funds and a peer universe of funds.
- Build proof of concept visualizations to support the sales enablement and reporting of our investment funds.
- Identify opportunities to expand the use of data to benefit ATBIM and our end clients
- Help to streamline our excel reporting to reduce any redundancies we may have and enable more efficient extraction of the data from its source.
- Degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, business or other quantitative fields are required.
- Proficiency with recent versions of Tableau Desktop (2018 or later), experience with publishing and maintaining automated data sources, workbooks and dashboards on Tableau Server.
- 2+ years of professional experience creating Tableau dashboards
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Experience with wrangling data in Google Sheets and Excel
- Experience with SQL, with specific experience in a Microsoft SQL Server environment a plus.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate key insights from complex analyses into actionable business insights
- Ability to create both prescriptive and exploratory data analysis experiences
- A passion for using data visualization to tell complex data stories
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Investment funds data
- Tableau Certification (Associate or Professional) and/or Jedi skill level
- Some shareable Tableau Public examples of data visualizations you have created
- Experience with data transfer processes such as MFTs or ETLs may be beneficial.
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
To learn more about atb, visit atb.com.
What happens next?
If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting close date regarding next steps. We will also keep your application on file for future roles.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Find out more about what to expect when applying.
Stay in touch!
ATB is happy to know you’re interested in a career with us! Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram to get the inside scoop on what our team is up to.