Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more than 160 years, we have served generations at every stage of their lives. Macy's customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration.
Do you love helping others feel beautiful and confident? At Macy’s Beauty, we’ll show you how to make magic with top-notch (paid) training on our product lines as well as the latest technology, trends, and techniques in the exciting world of beauty. Join our Beauty team to express your artistic side by creating customized beauty regimens and gorgeous new looks with amazing beauty products from the hottest brands. You’ll also get exclusive perks including all kinds of wonderful product samples and a product allowance to spend on your choice of full-size products (we call it “gratis” - you’re going to LOVE it.) And the feeling you’ll get from helping someone find their perfect shade? Now that’s beautiful!
The Account Coordinator is the advocate for driving the total Beauty business. They are the ultimate Beauty guru – owning all events and education around their assigned brand, which they leverage to increase traffic and drive sales for total Macy’s beauty. They are the experts of the product line, beauty culture and selling techniques for their assigned brand, however they cultivate an environment of continuous learning for all Beauty Associates on the floor. The Account Coordinator leads the elevation of service by empowering all Beauty associates to become beauty experts, and increase multi-brand selling across the floor. They own the promotional calendar for their brand - strategizing and executing all events from National launches to grassroots events which speak to the local customers’ beauty fingerprint. The Account Coordinator will also perform other duties as assigned.
- Analyze business results (store, category, brand, product, etc.) in order to identify and surface sales-driving opportunities to achieve goals.
- Communicate clear concise priorities, strategies and direction to Division and stores teams. Communication should be written, in person, and virtual as needed and tailored to the appropriate audience.
- Collaborate with Regional Merchandise Execution, Beauty Field Directors, and Stores partners to support growth in stores.
- Lead and participate in event execution, including corporate, promotional, vendor launch events and virtual events. Lead local event strategy, planning, and execution. Work with store, and division partners to plan and execute both in store and virtual events. Perform post-event analysis.
- Prepare for, participate in, and follow-up on store visits and pre-season planning meetings. Partner stores and plan for both in person and/or virtual visits to support store growth.
- Develop collaborative relationships with vendors; communicate priorities and needs.
- Direct, observe and assess consistent execution based on national execution guidelines and standards (i.e. planograms, fixture placement, visual/collateral); collaborate with corporate and store partners to accomplish. Ensure local, store, and vendor execution aligns with national guidelines and standards. Identify areas of opportunities; own solutions to store for corrective action.
- Visit competition; observe and evaluate competitive opportunities; communicate findings to central and regional teams.
People, Selling, & Training
- Be a change agent; encourage self and others to challenge the status quo with forward thinking strategies.
- Demonstrate and drive excellent service and selling through reinforcing customer-centric culture among Beauty Advisors.
- Work closely with Beauty CSX and Counter Managers to set coaching priorities for the department.
- Focus leaders on customer acquisition through clientelling using MyClient to enhance client relationships and loyalty.
- Support leaders in training store colleagues, reinforce and monitor colleague engagement and completion of education requirements and learnings.
- Support vendor partnerships and align with corporate teams to ensure all product training is relevant and aimed at educating store teams on improving selling techniques.
- Recognize store team performance during visits. Reinforce and support department objectives by connecting brand success with the overall growth of the Beauty department.
- Support the onboarding of new Beauty Leaders, and Beauty Advisors.
- Support Store Leadership in hiring and recruiting Beauty team members at assigned brand.
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of retail management experience, preferably in Beauty.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Strong leadership profile. Excellent influencing ability and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs which may include, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Travel is required.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Candidates in Colorado: Click here to find Pay Range information and here to learn about Benefits.