Position Overview: We are a unique and rapidly growing craft brewery hiring a full time Midwest sales rep / market manager. This position will report to a national sales director and will work directly with the founders and sales team. The sales rep works autonomously to consistently grow sales by adding new points of distribution, building distributor and account relationships, maintaining current accounts, increasing brand awareness, and promoting the brand through marketing initiatives. We are looking for a people-person who can take the bull by the horns and embrace the opportunity to help us continue on our path of exciting growth. Because this position includes coverage for multiple states in the Midwest, candidates must be willing, able, and excited to spend time traveling!
How to Apply: Please submit your resume that includes previous alcohol sales experience, your knowledge and interest in craft beer, your requested/past compensation, your location of residence, and any other information that you’d like us to know! This position will remain posted until filled.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Add new points of distribution and increase units sold within the assigned sales region
- Secure placements in targeted on and off premise accounts
- Increase brand visibility and pull-through rates within current accounts
- Work directly and foster relationships with area distributors by coordinating promotions and new account sales, conducting regular ride-alongs, and engaging personally by getting together for beers on a weekly basis
- Execute account merchandising and maintenance
- Work with the national sales director on a regular basis to create target account lists and other sales tasks
- Train and educate account and distributor staff about our brands
- Build relationships with current and prospective account buyers
- Create and execute strategic promotion opportunities, some of which will take place on nights and weekends
- Continuously track and measure placement rates and task success
- Utilize sales software to record account notes and task progress after every account visit
Qualifications and Skills
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 1-3 years similar or related sales experience, preferably representing a beer, wine or spirits brand
- Outgoing, ambitious, confident, persuasive, and patient personality. Adept at interacting with a wide range of people. Courteous and kind with a well-kept, professional appearance.
- An in-depth understanding of alcohol and product sales
- Strong references within the alcohol or sales industry
- Ability to work within deadlines, prioritize assignments, and simultaneously work on multiple tasks
- Must be self-motivated and organized with the ability to manage time efficiently and create plans to successfully execute assignments
- Knowledge of local beer market, including local alcohol laws
- Proficient in Gmail and Web-based reporting tools, with knowledge and/or experience with VIP (Vermont Information Processing) a plus
- The ability to occasionally lift up to 35-50lbs at one time
- Valid driver's license with clean record, registered and insured vehicle in good working condition, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
- Residence in the Kansas City area.
- Willingness to travel in the Midwest region consistently
- Position contingent upon clean background check following final interview
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (guaranteed base salary + commission)
- Very generous/flexible holiday leave and paid vacation
- Mileage reimbursement/gas stipend.
- Awesome company culture, direct interaction with founders & amazing co-workers
- No large corporation mumbo jumbo - flexible work schedule/hours, and a very relaxed work atmosphere with plenty of time to have fun
- Opportunity for increased responsibility and promotion within the company
- Free beer and merchandise!
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- On the road