Dynamic Sealing Technologies, Inc. (DSTI) of Andover, MN is looking to hire a full-time Sales Engineer. Are you a technical sales professional who thrives in a collaborative environment? Would you enjoy selling highly customized products for application in a wide variety of industries? Do you enjoy working with customers across the globe? If so, please read on to learn more about DSTI and our Sales Engineer opportunity.
We are a locally-owned global manufacturing company that designs and produces high-performance custom fluid sealing solutions for a variety of industries including medical, aerospace, oil and gas, food packaging, and alternative energy. We have minimal competition; it is typically a decision to make or buy for our customers. We take pride in our clean and modern state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. This position offers the opportunity to travel (domestically and abroad) on occasion. However, the majority of the time will be spent in our Andover, MN location.
We seek employees who share our desire to be part of something bigger than ourselves.
- We are open minded: We take an optimistic and "can-do" approach to the opportunities and challenges we face.
- We are one team: Win or lose, we trust and support each other, find agreement and work together as one.
- We get results: We love getting things done and execute fearlessly and strategically to create success for our customers, our team and ourselves.
- We enjoy what we do: We are passionate about creating a better world and believe it's all about enjoying what you do, having fun while doing it and celebrating the wins.
- We seek progress: We learn form everything we do and move with speed and agility to innovate, evolve and adapt as necessary to maximize impact.
For the health and well-being of our valued employees, we also offer annual bonuses, medical insurance with a company HSA contribution, paid short-term and long-term disability, a 401(k) plan with company contribution, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), paid term life insurance, life insurance for family members, and ongoing tuition reimbursement.
A Day in the Life as a Sales Engineer
As a Sales Engineer, you use your exceptional communication skills to understand customer requirements and propose solutions. Ultimately, you are responsible for ensuring sales volume meets or exceeds targets. You do this through leveraging incoming leads from our digital marketing team and also by developing relationships to deepen partnerships in existing accounts.
You divide your time between managing incoming leads and proactively identifying new strategic opportunities. You work with internal teams to understand projects status and appropriately communicate key details to the customer. You establish and maintain contacts in the industry to gather necessary intelligence. You actively participate in the sales forecasting and planning process and collaborate with internal teams to meet targets. You consistently use our exceptional custom technology tools to track your leads and open opportunities. You partner with Engineering and Project Management teams frequently for quoting and status updates.
Due to the global nature of our business, the majority of your time is spent engaging with customers via phone or email. There is an opportunity to travel a few times a year (not to exceed 25%) both domestically and internationally. Your customers also enjoy visiting DSTI so you have the opportunity to showcase our state-of-the-art facilities.
Qualifications for a Sales Engineer
- To succeed in this role, you must have exceptionally strong organization and communication skills (both written and phone).
- Previous experience selling low volume, high mix custom solutions is also required.
- 5-7+ years of previous experience in customer service and/or inside sales in a highly technical industry.
- Hands-on experience with customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.
- Proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office products, and CRM/ERP products.
- Customer service, phone, and sales skills.
A Bachelors degree in Communications or Engineering Field is desirable, but multiple factors will be taken into consideration! Do you come across professionally whether the communication is in writing, on the phone, or in person? Are you organized and able to prioritize tasks effectively? Are you a quick learner with a high aptitude for software and technology? Are you both team-oriented and able to work independently? Do you enjoy a collaborative environment? If so, then you might just be perfect for this position!
Flexible Work Schedule
The typical schedule would be Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with some flexibility. Please be aware that Sales Engineers work from our Andover, MN office. To help balance work and personal needs we allow occasional remote work, but this is not a full-time remote position. Please only apply if you are willing to work from our corporate headquarters in Andover, Minnesota.
Ready to Join Our Team?
If you feel that you would be right for this Sales Engineer position with our manufacturing company, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. Due to COVID-19 concerns, initial interviews will take place over phone and/or video conferencing platforms. Finalists for this position will be invited to interview onsite at our facility.