Datalot is building some of the most innovative online advertising technology for the insurance industry and working with an insane amount of real-time data. We are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join our Denver (CO) team to play a key part in empowering smart, data-driven decisions throughout the company with a focus on maximizing long term value. This role is interdisciplinary and sits at the intersection between tech, marketing, sales, accounting, and operations.
If you are excited to work for a fast-growing industry leader with career growth opportunities, join us!
Given the current state of the COVID-19, this role will start off as a work-from-home position and then transition to work in-office.
What you will be working on
- Manage, grow, and improve our portfolio of reports, dashboards, and ongoing data analysis
- Ensure that all departments use the same source data and provide consistent data flow
- Identify points of inefficiency in the collection and processing of data for both reporting and in our application
- Work with the Retail team to support daily operations and build out useful dashboards and reporting for use by us and our clients
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of professional experience in a data analyst, business analyst, or analytics-focused role
- Fluency with SQL syntax (preferably MySQL) with the ability to write complex, optimized queries by hand
- Proficiency in Excel
- Passion for statistics and probability
Bonus points: experience with Salesforce; experience with a document-oriented database such as Snowflake; Amazon S3 and Data Pipeline; and/or experience with data related to online advertising or financial services metrics
Personal Attributes: analytical thinker; strong organizational skills; great problem-solver; attention to detail; entrepreneurial mindset; ability to effectively multi-task; ability to take ownership for your work and calculate risks when needed
Generous paid time off - 15 days your first year (which bumps to 20 days after 3 years, and 25 days after 5 years) on top of paid holidays and sick days
We’ve got you covered - Datalot pays for 100% of your medical coverage for the Core Medical Plan for both you and your family; plus a range of other benefits - dental, vision, and life insurance; short-term and long-term disability; commuter benefits; and 401k with company match
A great family-friendly work environment
Fun company culture and team activities
Datalot is building some of the most innovative online advertising technology for the insurance industry. As it turns out, it's also fun, exciting and rewarding! We work with an insane amount of real-time data, and we see the performance and results of our platform almost immediately - all day, every day.
Founded in 2009, and funded by some of the most respected investors in technology development, our applications and services are relied upon by thousands of clients from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies. With a team of 100+ employees, we have offices in Brooklyn, NY (DUMBO); Denver, CO; and South Florida.
Datalot is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.