Work you'll do
As a Red Team operator, you will be on the front lines with our clients supporting them with their cloud and Adversarial Simulation security needs. You will work with our Adversarial Simulation team to provide attack-oriented professional services such as (but not limited to): Red/Purple Team Operations, Penetration Testing, Breach and Attack Simulations, Cloud Penetration Testing, Social Engineering, and a variety of ad-hoc custom assessments to address unique information security concerns for clients. In this role you will:
- Implement risk management programs for our federal clients by utilizing NIST, RMF, and FISMA compliance frameworks.
- Enhance cyber awareness with clients and project teams.
- Work alongside federal clients to help them mitigate risk with the use of continuous monitoring and incident response.
- Establish security controls to ensure protection of client systems.
- Implement cutting edge security tools for our federal clients.
- Deliver professional services, including but not limited to Red Team Assessments, Purple Team Assessments, Network Penetration Tests, Wireless Security
- Assessments, Onsite and Remote Social Engineering, and a variety of custom assessments
- Create and write comprehensive assessment reports that are technical and managerial to describe the engagement, scope, risks, and remediation recommendations
- Develop marketing materials and participate in marketing activities such as creating research, speaking at conferences, authoring materials and presenting thought leadership
- Knowledge of security testing frameworks and standards such as OSSTMM, OWASP, NIST SP 800-115, Lockheed Martin's Kill Chain, and MITRE ATT&CK
- Use automation, orchestration, and scripting to reduce manual processes, improving overall efficiency while also enabling new capabilities to meet the rapidly changing needs of our clients
- Mastery of commercial and open source security tools including, but not limited to: Nmap, Nessus, BurpSuite, Cobalt Strike, Metasploit, Wireshark, and Aircrack-ng
- Assist with Practice development, including improving existing offerings, creating new offerings, and mentoring team members
- Perpetually strengthen relevant skills, knowledge, and abilities to stay at the forefront of the information security industry
- Serve as a subject matter expert on cloud cyber risk for at least one of the leading cloud platforms
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things-not stopping them-and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Strategy, Defense and Response (SDR) focuses on helping federal clients design and implement transformational enterprise security programs with an emphasis on defending against, recovering from, and mitigating major cyberattacks. If you're seeking a career that increases cyber awareness, utilizes risk management programs, and develops strategies for cyber defense and response, then the Cyber SDR offering at Deloitte is for you.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Travel up to 10%
- Experience working with RMF and NIST 800-53
- Experience working with cyber security tools
- Experience with cyber awareness (e.g., phishing emails, cyber trainings)
- 4+ years combined in IT and information security experience
- 2+ years of experience performing offensive/attack-oriented security assessments
- 2+ years of experience in an enterprise-level customer delivery services role
- Experience with various public cloud components and architectures with Azure / AWS strongly preferred.
- Experience in evading security detection controls
- Other lab-based certifications such as OSCP, OSCE, GIAC, and GSE are preferred
- Other relevant industry certifications, such as GPEN and GCIH
- InfoSec community involvement, such as conference speaking, blog/whitepaper authoring, and podcast speaking/producing
- Experience building security tool APIs and/or services.
- Experience building/automating Red Team Infrastructure.
- Experience building/automating Attack Defense labs.
- BA/BS Degree ideally in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering or Information Technology.
- Previous Consulting or Big 4 experience preferred.
- Certifications such as: CISSP, AWS/Azure Security/DevOps/Professional Certifications, completion of Red Teaming Labs
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of business process, user provisioning process, and security maintenance processes.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.