IMG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected statuses as required by applicable law.
As one of the world's top International Medical Insurance companies, IMG helps individuals and companies of all sizes. Every second of every day, vacationers, those working or living abroad for short or extended periods, people traveling frequently between countries, and those who maintain multiple countries of residence use our products to give themselves global peace of mind®
We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for travelers. We are now accepting applications to fill our next training class.
- Location: Indianapolis, IN or willing to consider remote work but may need to travel to the office for training or as business needs
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. IMG will not be providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
The Account Manager is considered a senior level consultant within the organization. As such, the Account Manager provides functional, technical, or process leadership. The organization will depend on this person’s management of multiple team issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains favorable relationships with new and existing clients to retain clients and increase revenue
- Ensures that organizational services consistently meet or exceed client needs
- Responsible for retention/renewal of key clients
- Handles large or more complex client accounts directly
- Has in depth knowledge of IMG concepts, practices and procedures
- Relies on company resources as well as extensive experience and excellent judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads and directs the work of others
- Reports to manager or head of a unit/department
- Analyzes business needs and regularly readjusts products/services and terms received.
- Takes primary reporting responsibility for clients and for stewardship/renewal meetings
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with claims examining, or customer service/sales/account management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Document imaging and documentation skills
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Associate degree in Business or related field a plus, but not required
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical/RX/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Free employee parking
- On site fitness center
- Casual dress environment
- Tuition reimbursement plan