In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Customer Service Representative
Filson is enjoying a sustained period of growth and reinvention and we are looking for a new member to join our customer service team located in Kent, WA. We are looking for someone that loves Filson products and loves providing exceptional customer service as our customer satisfaction is one of Filson's founding values. The ideal candidate can work fast and likes being part of a team, willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in when needed to enhance the customer service experience.
In this role you will be focused on handling inbound customer contacts and process all customer related requests; identifying issues and resolving them to customers satisfaction. You will enter customer orders, catalog requests and other information into computer systems.
- Handle inbound contacts via telephone, e-mail, live chat, or physical mail and process associated work.
- Take ownership to drive individual customer contacts to resolution.
- Collaborate with the rest of the CS team and other departments as needed to handle unusual resolutions.
- Process customer orders, catalog requests and all other customer service inquiries as requested by internal and external contacts.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple platforms, while following standardized process.
- Manage between-contact time well to ensure quick responses to incoming customer contacts.
- Handle customer service-related projects and/or tasks as assigned by supervisors, which include:
- Web order processing
- Order and invoice proofing
- Order cancellations
- Safely handling credit card information
- Customer correspondence, including necessary follow-up
- Returns processing
- Maintain and update customer profiles across systems
- General office duties
- Participate in ongoing training, process improvement discussions and meetings as requested by supervisors.
- Other duties will be assigned as needed.
- High school diploma and some college education or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a customer service environment preferred.
- Experience working on computers; preference for those with Windows experience.
- Skills in problem-solving, written and verbal communication.
- Fluency in writing and speaking the English language.
- Strong communications skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met of any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform those essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly sit and stand
- Use hands, fingers, and arms to use computers and other office equipment
- Use hands, fingers, and arms to lift, squeeze, pinch, grab products/items/supplies
- Reach up, across, or down to retrieve products and supplies
- See, talk, and hear
- Occasionally required to move or lift up to 20 pounds
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.
Job Location: Kent, WA
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
Last Updated: 8/19/21
Job Type: Temporary