Primary Location: 5159 Federal Blvd, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, US
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Team Lead/Supervisor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 214486_91381965
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now wed like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for sharp talent to join our team and be the voice of our brand.
The New Growth & Development organization is focused on identifying and analyzing areas of future growth and plans to achieve sustained and balance growth across the enterprise. The organization works to answer "whats next" for Cox and our customers. We develop growth hypothesis and test those hypothesis through: 1) skunkworks 2) investing in new businesses 3) traditional R&D 4) identifying strategic partnerships and 5) exploring emerging businesses. Growth opportunities are currently being incubated across a variety of adjacent business and technology sectors including Healthcare, Commercial IOT, Energy, Edge Computing, etc.
The New Growth & Development group is now hiring a Cloud Engineer for Cox Edge Services serving as a principal sales engineer for pre-sales engagements. Cox Edge Services is a new edge compute and data management service within Cox Communications. The Cox Edge Services team mission is to help businesses accelerate business and digital transformation by leveraging the benefits of edge computing.
Cox Edge Services is a collection of low latency cloud infrastructure resources using our extensive infrastructure of edge facilities. Our edge data centers are located at the last mile of the network providing superior network speed to support developer and customer workloads across the ecosystem.
About the Job
Cox Edge Services is looking for an innovative, data-driven leader who will enable positive customer experience and value creation by building strong relationships with customers.
As a Cloud Engineer primarily driving the sales engineering function, you will partner with Sales/BDR, the customer, internal Cox Edge Services, and partner teams. Your role will align with the Cox Edge Services Customer Success team to design the high-level architecture, provide design and migration guidance, engage in conversations with technical and non-technical customer stakeholders and internal teams to ensure overall customer success. The Sales Engineer role ensures that the team can wow customers and deliver groundbreaking technology solutions that solve real challenges. This position reports to the Customer Success Director, who drives the Sales Engineering leadership role for Cox Edge Services. Please note the position can be located in Las Vegas NV, Phoenix AZ, San Diego CA or Orange County CA.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Demonstrate relentless passion and drive to understand customers needs, objectives, and value drivers by conducting proactive customer and data analyses.
- Craft high-level technical solutions architecture to meet the overall customer business requirements.
- Create an initial, budgetary pricing for the solution.
- Ensure any pre-sales questionnaires are completed working with the customer, service delivery team(s).
- Craft Statements of Work (SOW), where needed to fully scope out customer solutions and expectations.
- Ensure the customers technical solution flows through any internal review process with Service Delivery, Delivery Partners.
- Define and use metrics and data to ensure customers with different use cases optimize the benefits, cost savings and effectiveness of the Cox Edge Services solutions purchased.
- Serve as a voice of the customer within the Cox Edge Services team and partner across functions to ensure successful customer deployment, adoption, and renewal.
- Own Customer Success by providing pre-sales technical engineering support to Sales and Account Management by assisting customers with initial, pre-sales set-up and usage to ensure adoption and full understanding and use of Cox Edge Services.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with your clients and help them progress through the most advantageous adoption of our solutions.
- Provide post-sales strategic guidance and recommend additional initiatives to continue improving the clients technology experience.
- Partner with your customer and Account Team to prioritize and plan customer engagements and programs across edge compute and data workloads.
- Be the "voice of the customer" by introducing client stakeholders to Cox Edge Services leadership team and conducting monthly or quarterly business reviews.
- Analyze consumption and usage data to assist clients with understanding their compute/data spend.
- Draw on client-facing and project-management skills to work directly with technical and business functions and to deliver against a roadmap, manage expectations and navigate escalations.
- Delight and grow the customer by meeting or exceeding Cox Edge Services customer support expectations.
- Help improve the Cox Edge Services Customer Success team processes and capabilities.
- Responsible for developing reports and presentations to share progress on Objectives and Key Results (KPIs) with Cox Edge Services leadership.
- Work as a dynamic individual contributor that may from time to time manage vendor or partner team members.
- Expect to travel at 50% of the time.
To Demonstrate the Value, We Place in Our Employees, We Offer
At Cox Communications, our employees are our most important resource.
- Generous benefits to include healthcare day one, paid time off and 401(k) matching
- Career development programs and ongoing training, including tuition reimbursement
- Future career growth and promotional opportunities
- Mentoring and training programs
- Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
- 3+ years of experience required in related customer facing role in Sales Engineering, Solutions Architecture with Cloud Services technical capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and appetite to learn and implement new tools
- Passion for inquisitive operations and people analytics and problem solving
- 3+ years experience with Public Cloud, Software as a service, Data Center or Network technology are preferred
- Proven history of excellent customer service and accountability
- Certifications: AWS, Azure, GCP Cloud Architect certification or equivalent or be willing to commit to completion of at least one technical certification within six months of hire
- Must be able to work independently and exercise discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts and influence decisions across all levels of client contacts
- Ability to solve client problems through cloud technologies, leveraging internal and/or external resources
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to the constant change of cloud platforms and multiple work streams
- Strong organizational skills with an understanding of IT operations
- Ability to collect, analyze and present metrics and other success factors in a succinct and compelling manner
- Ability to lead and be a team player across dynamic environments and cross-functional groups of teammates and client stakeholders.
- Comfortable working autonomously on multiple workstreams and topics at the same time, pushing to get things done, at times with limited information, comfortable reaching out and securing engagement of multiple team members for information, brainstorming, guidance, or action
- Comfortable working autonomously in differing and varying work environments (office, home office, field office, partner site, customer site, tradeshows and other)
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and collaborative skills and commitment to develop further such skills and work effectively with teams throughout organization and outside the organization with limited oversight
- Natural curiosity and tendency to question the status quo combined with proven solid analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (i.e., Strategy, Engineering, Business, etc.).
- 5+ Years of experience in customer facing positions (professional services, technical support, program manager, or similar role that focused on client success preferred)
- 3+ Years technical experience with public cloud and software as a service
- Power User with Office 365 and Microsoft Teams
Certifications: AWS, Azure or GCP Architect
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.