Job DescriptionAt Oxford Instruments, we enable the world’s leading industrial companies and scientific research communities to image, analyse and manipulate materials down to the atomic and molecular level. With a sixty-year history, and fourteen Queen’s Awards for Enterprise, our world-class products and technologies are helping our customers to address the greatest challenges of the 21st century.
Oxford Instruments NanoAnalysis provides leading-edge tools that enable materials characterisation and sample manipulation at the nanometre scale. Used on electron microscopes (SEM and TEM) and ion-beam systems (FIB), our tools are used for R&D across a wide range of academic and industrial applications including semiconductors, renewable energy, mining, metallurgy, and forensics.
Come Join Our Team!
Business, Location: Concord, MA.
Role: Sales Development Manager (SDM)- Americas, Material Analysis (MA)
Reports to: Vice President of Sales – Americas, Materials Analysis
Key relationships: Sales and Marketing Team members
Primary Purpose: To develop strategies to increase new/existing customer intimacy as well as create tools to monitor and improve sales performance.
The Sales Development Manager (SDM) is responsible for the creation and/or management of various presales and funnel management activities as well as sales performance analytics in the Americas (United States, Canada, and Latan America) for Materials Analysis. This individual will report to, and work closely with, the Vice President of Sales – Americas, Materials Analysis, as well as sales leadership from multiple Business Units within this group, to increase sales reps access to potential and existing customers in the region served. In addition, the SDM will develop and maintain various performance management tools highlighting trends which attribute to, or stand in the way of, meeting both fiscal and unit bases sales targets.
The SDM will also engage directly with individual sales representatives to develop contact lists which enable increased, territory specific, hunting activities, precision prospecting, and increased opportunity generation. This role will also require a strong working relationship with the Americas Marketing and Service team to aid in the development of targeted customer lists for various campaigns as required.
- Develop strategic relationships with various 3rd party companies/groups to create new opportunity generation channels for sales.
- Prospect various funding agency, government, association, etc. websites for recently awarded grants and awards.
- Create and deploy existing customer data in a format which enables sales to target the install base for new opportunities.
- Perform target customer install base calling campaigns to uncover and/or develop new leads and opportunities.
- Identify and manages relationships with companies who can aid in sales activities such a targeted calling campaigns.
- Prospect webpages, LinkedIn, associations, etc. to create new contacts lists for target markets.
- Perform “Nurture” campaigns to follow up on stalled and/or long-term opportunities.
- Serve as a first point of contact for new leads ensuring leads are properly qualified and categorized prior to being sent to field sales.
- Improve CRM fidelity by entering required CRM fields at the time of Lead creation.
- Enhance the customer experience when communicating with OI by ensuring new leads are contacted ASAP by an Oxford team member.
- Create CRM based reports to be used by sales for performance management and sales rep coaching.
- Manage relationships with various business groups to improve market share understanding.
- Attend shows and conventions to aid with lead management, qualification, and real time CRM entry.
- Ongoing monitoring of CRM fidelity with the generation of reports for Sales Leadership to ensure all desired information is being incorporated.
- Generate monthly and quarterly Business Unit and Sales Rep level Performance Management Tools tracking new opp generation, conversions, year to date orders vs quota, as well as various other metrics.
- In collaboration with Sales and Service, monitor local industry trends and competitor activity.
- Other responsibilities and duties upon request.
- Increased order intake due enhanced sales development tactics.
- Implementation of targeted calling campaigns (install base, opportunity nurture, etc).
- Identification of target customers for sales and establishment of focus customer lists.
- Enhanced lead qualification and follow-up.
- Improved CRM fidelity and Performance Management tools.
Education / Qualifications:
- A relevant degree with MBA or 10+ years Sales Development experience.
- In depth experience of relevant technologies, customers, and markets.
- Proven experience serving the Americas region (US, CA and LATAM).
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Previous Sales Development and Data Management experience.
- Possesses a professional network and toolset enabling immediate results.
- Ability to anticipate need beyond initial concept and integrate into implementation.
- Experience developing and implementing lead and sales development processes.
- Extensive experience with various CRM platforms. Preferably SAP CRM.
- Proficient at obtaining data online (funding, contacts, associations, etc.).
- Ability to present data in a clear and concise manor requiring little/no explanation.
- Ability to communicate and operate as a team cross-functionally with sales, service, product, and other departments.
- Relevant market knowledge and insight.
- Highly developed analytics skills and commercial understanding.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment which required multitasking.
- A desire to, and capable of, working well in a team environment.
- Analytical with the ability to get things done quickly.
- Highly organized with a strong affinity for detail.
- Excellent communication skills in various formats (verbal, ppt, excel, etc.)
- Able accept feedback and modify approach as required.
- High levels of energy, resilience, and drive to achieve challenging goals.
- Can bring teams or people together, creating alignment across functions and goals.
- Must be prepared and able to travel domestically and overseas as required without restriction, subject to normal visa requirements.
- Builds effective working relationships both internally and externally across all parts of the business Scientific background or knowledge of the scientific market (preferable).
Oxford Instruments is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Oxford Instruments is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact Human Resources, [email protected], 978-405-1119
Note to recruitment agencies: Oxford Instruments operates a Preferred Supplier List, and we do not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not forward candidate details in response to this advert, or to any Oxford Instruments employees or other company locations. Oxford Instruments is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.