Open until filled
Arrowhead restaurant offers a fine-dining experience with stunning views that overlook our 27-hole golf course. In addition to our restaurant, we also cater to events such as weddings, banquets, golf outings, showers, and corporate events while exceeding guest expectations.
This position is responsible for selling, contracting, coordinating, and successfully executing weddings and special events of up to 500 guests. This position is also responsible for coordinating the wedding tastings, detail appointments, rehearsals, and day of execution of the weddings. This position will also help direct the staff assigned to the events to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Work the hours necessary to produce exceptional events for the customers and produce increased revenue.
- Sell, manage, and execute events for up to 500 guests.
- Responsible for the successful planning and execution of special events by assisting clients with event and wedding planning, set-up and ceremony coordination, meal service, and planned activities according to the event contract.
- Oversee all banquet staff in the successful execution of events.
- Oversee scheduling and training of part time and seasonal staff.
- Make sound decisions when troubleshooting issues as they arise during events.
- Contact and provide follow-up on all signed/contracted events; determine and coordinate all needs of the customer, including detailed appointments and tastings.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with various departments to ensure that the event functions are executed to exceed clients’ expectations.
- Maintain well documented, accurate, organized, and up-to-date file management (BEOs, invoices, floorplans) in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized, and knowledgeable manner.
- Create, maintain, and manage daily changes for all event signage in a timely manner.
- Develop strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous, and ethical interaction.
- Work with Catering Sales Manager to achieve required sales team goals.
- Complete reports and correspondence, forms, contracts, proposals, invoices, and event orders in an accurate, timely, and professional manner as needed.
- Conduct walk in and scheduled tours of the banquet facilities and expose clients to its services.
- Assist with the sales plan and specific selling and marketing strategies.
- Assist with Social Media posts (Instagram, Facebook, Blog).
- Assist in function room set up, AV equipment, and other services requested by the client.
- Answer phones, schedule appointments, and take reservations for banquets, restaurant, and tasting events in a timely manner.
- Open office and all banquet outlets and secure office and all banquet outlets upon closing.
- Promptly follow up on all customers’ needs and inquiries in a professional, efficient, and timely manner, including wedding inquiries from wedding outlets (the knot, wedding wire, etc.).
- Present the highest level of integrity, service, and professionalism with a focus on a caring and sincere attitude at all times toward customers.
- Exhibit a positive and involved team attitude with all departments and maintain open communication with all co-workers.
- Display a neat and business-like appearance at all times.
- Maintain vanity of office space and client meeting areas.
- Ensure prompt and courteous service as detailed on banquet event order.
Why you should apply:
Arrowhead is owned and operated by the Wheaton Park District. Park districts are all about leisure, recreation, and conservation. If this interests you, we offer the following:
- $45,000.00 per year DOQ
- Health (HMO or PPO), dental, and vision coverage with very low employee contributions for employee, spouse, and dependents.
- Life insurance at 1 ½ times your annual salary paid by the District.
- FSA and Dependent Care pre-tax via payroll deduction.
- Pension Plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
- Paid time off including 12 sick days per year, 12 vacation days after one year of service, 2 personal days (pro-rated first year), 12 ½ holidays.
- Free use of fitness center, two pools, golf, and entrance to Cosley Zoo to employees and family members eligible for insurance coverage.
- Tuition Reimbursement, discounts on merchandise, professional memberships, and other voluntary benefits.
- Minimum of a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have at least one (1) year in a hospitality environment.
- Experience in sales is a plus.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Able to learn POS and other Food and Beverage software. TripleSeat knowledge a plus.
- Must be positive and enthusiastic with good attention to detail.
- Must remain professional at all times in appearance, voice, and follow-through.
- Must have exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including mornings, nights, afternoons, weekdays, weekends, and holidays as needed.
The Wheaton Park District is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V