Field Clinical Specialist: Inland Empire, CA
As one of the world´s leading manufacturers of cardio- and endovascular medical devices, BIOTRONIK is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and represented in over 100 countries by its global workforce. The work of our committed, highly specialized, exceptionally skilled employees results in crucial advancements in the world of cardiology and changes the lives of patients every day.
BIOTRONIK is looking to add to our Field Clinical Specialist team in the Inland Empire area of California. The Field Clinical Specialist (FCS) will provide technical and clinical support for Biotronik within an assigned territory. The FCS will be responsible for covering all bradycardia and tachycardia product segments. The FCS professionally represents Biotronik and provides education, follow-up services, implant services, in service training, and other related services as necessary to sales force, physicians and other cardiac pacing-related professionals. The FCS will report to the Regional Sales Director and take general instruction from local sales representatives for day to day activities.
- Provide pacemaker & ICD follow-up to Biotronik patients and physician customers.
- Provide pacemaker & ICD implant support within area of geographic responsibility.
- Provide in service training to physician, nursing and technical hospital staff.
- Train peers in cardiac pacing and Biotronik products
- Provide technical and administrative support when required for clinical studies and scientific studies. This may include collection of patient data, support clinical sites and/or patient support.
- Poses strong administrative skills to insure all necessary paper work associated with implant or follow-up or associated with data collection for clinical/scientific studies is correct.
- Maintain a competent and current level of knowledge in cardiac pacing, defibrillators and electrophysiology in general.
- Maintain a comprehensive product and technical knowledge of all BIOTRONIK bradycardia and tachycardia products.
- Competency in all aspects of ICD implant and follow-up. FCS candidates that are not certified must demonstrate technical proficiency and implant certification within six months of hire date.
- Maintain or obtain North AMERICAN Society of Pacing & Electrophysiology (IBHRE) certification. FCS that are not certified must become certified within two years of hire date.
- Maintain a comprehensive product and technical knowledge of competitive products including features, functions and benefits.
- Assist the sales representative when working within a specific sales territory.
- Provide on-call coverage 24 hours per day and up to 7 days per week. Weekend call schedules shall rotate based on territory schedule. Scheduling is the responsibility of the Director of Sales. The FCS must carry a pager and be available at all times when on call.
- Provide implant and follow-up coverage to Sales Representatives when he/she is unavailable or in training.
- FCS may be required to travel and provide implant support anywhere within the Area Sales Director's defined sales territory. Cross-over coverage during emergencies may be necessary.
- Out of town travel is expected to be no more than 30%.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Nursing, Physiology, Biology or Bio-Engineering. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience working in cardiac cath lab, EP lab, or pacing business with specific emphasis on pacemaker and ICD support.
- Pacemaker implantation and/or follow up experience.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of the Company.
- Provide 24-hour, 7 day a week on-call territory coverage (including holidays, weekends, evenings)
- Available/willing to work/travel weekends and evenings
- Ability to travel outside of assigned territory with ease, as needed
- Continuous verbal and written communication
- Must be able to drive approximately 80% of the time within assigned Territory
- Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy
Physical Job Requirements
- The physical demands described within this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequent 2-handed lifting of up to 40 lbs. from floor to chair/table and from one to another surface at approximately the same level.
- Sitting, standing and/or walking for up to eight plus hours per day.
- Environmental exposures include eye protection, infectious disease and radiation.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Ability to effectively use a mobile phone, PC, keyboard and mouse.
- Frequent bending/stooping, squatting and balance.
Are you interested? Please apply online through our application management system! We are looking forward to welcoming you.
Location: Inland Empire, CA | Working hours: Full-time | Type of contract: Undefined
Apply now under: www.biotronik.com/careers
Job ID: 43461 | Contact: Amanda Willott
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.