Director of Brand Marketing
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida (In-office / Flex)
ShipMonk is a leading partner for eCommerce businesses, providing end-to-end Logistics & Fulfillment solutions across diverse industries and merchants. We recently received investment from a leading growth equity firm and are ready to take our growth to the next level by expanding our marketing team! We are seeking a Director of Brand Marketing who will be tasked with organizing the ShipMonk value proposition through compelling creative and editorial content. The goal? Help us deliver on our promise to our merchants: Stress Less, Grow More.
This is a key role within the ShipMonk Marketing department, working over Product and Content Managers, and in concert with our Director of Demand Marketing, to create compelling content across all of ShipMonk’s owned channels. The ideal candidate is a no-ego hustler who has built their career in running the daily ins and outs of a modern creative marketing program. He or she has a firm understanding of the core tenants of branding frameworks and uses those structures with data to build a knock-out communications strategy that resonates with our addressable market. Put simply: You can tell compelling stories that drive engagement!
Ideally, you’re a bit of a journeyman/woman. You’ve wrapped your prior subject matter expertise in specific channels into something bigger to direct programs, not just manage projects. In the course of those experiences, you’ve developed a command of communications strategy, and understand how the consistency of this messaging (at all stages of a funnel) is at the backbone of any winning marketing or advertising program.
What you’ll do:
- Brand & Content. The Director of Brand Marketing will work closely with the stakeholders in product, growth, and merchant experience to develop a communications & content strategy that drives top-of-funnel awareness, sales enablement, and product adoption. Assist in the development of brand storytelling to ensure it is in line with overall positioning and voice.
- Creative Team Direction. Direct the day-to-day operation and guidance of our creative and product teams to execute best-practice brand marketing programs into the channel. Assess the campaign-to-program level success of these executions, showing growth in core considered KPIs. Manifest business priorities into a rolling 12-month team calendar.
Product Marketing. The Director of Brand Marketing will help refine the roadmap and prioritize the team’s initiatives based on business goals, user needs, and timeline management. Define, analyze, and present critical metrics to inform decision making & measure the success of new go-to-market strategies.
What you’re good at:
- Brand Chops for Days. 10+ years experience in managing brands and/or brand messaging at scale. Prior demonstrated experience working for digitally-minded brands, startups or SaaS products. You’ve got experience in creating awareness at the entry to the funnel, can strategically build customer insight in the middle, and know how to close a lead out for conversion at the bottom.
- Your Middle Name is “Versatility”. The Director of Brand Marketing is an agile gear shifter. One moment you may be helping get a video script into shape. Next, you may be discussing the details of an upcoming product launch with our development team. And after that, you may be reviewing the particulars of our SEO audit, and marrying that with customer data to inform our next move. Our hire will navigate these waters quickly and confidently.
- Digitally-Minded. You understand how the world has changed its consumption of media, and how that’s altered the construction of messaging. You’ve backed that knowledge up with a firm understanding of channel execution and the martech tool stacks required to get it done.
- Voracious Learner. We don’t expect the Director of Brand Marketing to know everything about everything. However, when you do come across something you’re not familiar with, an innate desire burning from within propels you into GSD mode to shut down the ambiguity.
ShipMonk is a leading partner for eCommerce businesses, providing end-to-end Logistics & Fulfillment Services across diverse industries and customers. Founded in 2014, we’re moving fast and changing the way Small and Medium-sized businesses approach the marketplace. ShipMonk enables merchants to focus on building their brand and achieving next-level growth by providing revolutionary multi-channel order fulfillment services and e-commerce management software. Our promise to customers: Stress Less, Grow More.
We are exceptionally proud of our dedicated, brilliant ShipMonkers - the employees who collaborate to provide first-class service, solve problems, and collaborate to get the job done. We work hard and have fun at work while prioritizing growth, innovation, and diversity as key values.
When we add new positions at ShipMonk, we define the role 80% and look for talented individuals who can join the team, run fast, and co-create the other 20% of their job. We need our team to get engaged from Day 1 to do the work and define the work that will make us successful in the near and long term.
Perks of being a ShipMonker:
- Full health benefits coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Wellness program (onsite gym, weekly yoga classes, healthy snacks)
- Fun work environment (trampoline, ping pong table & games, monthly gathering)
- Referral Bonus Program